Data Sense suddenly appeared on Vodafone UK 8x after running Connection Setup app

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same thing, try Factory reset without the sim. It worked for me. The reset was initial to recovery or at least try to stop the battery drain. It's a bit better. And now with datasense. The connection setup gives the same error but who cares, never needed that

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
ok i've spent over an hour playing with connection setup - still no joy. Dev and carrier Unlocked 8X running GDR3. what am i doing wrong D:

Stu Malin

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Does the app allow you to choose another provider, like some have suggested, and then switch back to Telecom? Might be worth a try 😊

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Does the app allow you to choose another provider, like some have suggested, and then switch back to Telecom? Might be worth a try ��

Yeah I tried it with Germany O2 post and prepaid, US sprint, Australian Optus. Still nothin :(. Maybe my carrier has a firmware block on it, which is strange considering it's an off contract phone. Gimme a shout if you get anymore ideas :)

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
So I emailed my carrier and got a reply. They said that datasense is enabled on all their Windows Phone devices, even the pre GDR2 ones. Something strange happening here :\. Not a carrier block obviously.

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
My about page, just to give all possible info. I'm running GDR3

Cj9bI88.jpg

Arnold Grinevitch

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't work too, tried all sorts of settings through the app. The phone is GDR3 Dev unlocked and hard reset after full GDR3 firmware update. It's not a locked phone, but it is from Vodafone DE. Does anyone know if they even support Data Sense?

FrodoBaggins

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't work too, tried all sorts of settings through the app. The phone is GDR3 Dev unlocked and hard reset after full GDR3 firmware update. It's not a locked phone, but it is from Vodafone DE. Does anyone know if they even support Data Sense?

We're in the same boat man. We're the 1% it doesn't work for :p.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786