MS you are too slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
That in itself doesn't mean much. One of my sons is the fastest growing person in our family. He's also a fraction of the size of the biggest. He's 6 months old. It will be many years until he's even close to the one just above him, if he ever is. Since his next older brother is 2 years old we have no clue at this point how they'll compare in size as adults.

My point is that you can take pretty much any statistic and make it look good somehow. That "fastest growing" claim is saying "up over 275% year-over-year" based off an increase of 3.7 million sales in Q3 2012 to 10.2 million sales in Q3 2013. Why doesn't the article say something like "WP's sales increase YoY was 6.5 million, and Android's increase in the same period was 74.8 million."? Because of course it doesn't look good, yet it's technically correct. Small numbers make any increase look good if you're using percentage. Apple's increase in numbers was slightly more than WP's, yet they lost market share.

stupid comparison!

When someone is gaining market share other is loosing it!

That's simple!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My original point is that for folks like you and your use model, great! However, their is a whole swath of users / converts that see the current state of the OS and it's features and are tempted to WP but find out that some very simple and basic OS components are missing or lacking. i.e.; file on device management, email attachment, provision for a local memory card, notification options, etal. For this potential group of converts, these simple OS components are "show stoppers".
If you liken this situation to an American Football analogy, MS needs to get the blocking and tackling fundamentals down before running their "Trick plays"....... Hence, WP8 has gained a reputation for what is doesn't have vs. all the good things it does! Time for MS to prioritize and accelerate those OS features that are perceived as lacking and lower the barrier for potential converts.

My co workers, who all have iPhones,don't boast about a flourishing file management system. Maybe some of yall are confusing your own wants with what you think everyone wants. I assure you its not that big of a deal

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Tip: It takes time to create OS updates. We're getting the third one in about a year with GDR3. It took a year for my Android device to get ONE, and it was the only one it got in 2+ years on the platform.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I know 8.1 will be a great upgrade for many of us, but those IOS and android users who use that ONE feature that windows phone doesn't have, they'll complain. It is impossible to please everyone. This is why we have choices.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Tip: It takes time to create OS updates. We're getting the third one in about a year with GDR3. It took a year for my Android device to get ONE, and it was the only one it got in 2+ years on the platform.

It doesn't matter how many updates there are, it matters what features come to the platform with each one. There have been very few consumer-facing features added with the various GDRs.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey, it is STUPID that there arent separate volume controls at this point!

Also I dont know what the hell are the people working on the OS thinking, that you cant go through all ring+vibrate, vibrate, silent modes from the topbar toggle. Because I use both vibrate and sound, I need to go through menu to silence the device.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Also I dont know what the hell are the people working on the OS thinking, that you cant go through all ring+vibrate, vibrate, silent modes from the topbar toggle. Because I use both vibrate and sound, I need to go through menu to silence the device.
True! And where is the ****ing back button in internet explorer, how can we explorer without being able to go forward or back. I swear if they don't have a back button in 8.1 I'm throwing my WP into the lake behind my house.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I agree with this, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers