About listening to music using WP8 bluetooth in a car stereo

Felipe Gualberto

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new here.
I own a Nokia Lumia 920 (Windows Phone 8) and want to buy a new car stereo. I'd like to know if I can listen to my phone's songs using bluetooth. Is that possible or this feature locked? If it is possible, I just have to buy a stereo that has bluetooth support built in? Going further, which car stereo do you recommend?

Thank you.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can't recommend you on a In car unit, but Bluetooth playing of music sure does work.
Currently using it in my Scenic, It also handle telephony too.

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes you can. I've been using it in my brothers car. Works really well.

the radio must have a Bluetooth option.

agig

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I had installed an alpine UTE-42BT in my wife's 2000 Volkswagen Beetle. She has a Nokia Lumia 810 and I have a Nokia Lumia 925. Both work great with Bluetooth. I can see artist, song and use forward and back buttons. I also can make and receive calls using voice or phone book. The one thing that it does not like doing is reading my text messages. I know its not my phone because when I use my Motorola Bluetooth head set it works fine. I also installed an alpine CDE-W235BT in my 2008 jeep liberty which I sent to alpine so they can update the firmware so it can work like my wife's unit. It seems I bought a radio unit which came with an older firmware that is currently available.

Regards
Agig

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Best recommendation I can give you regarding bluetooth and in car radio is take your phone with you when you buy one and ensure you can pair with it properly. Not all car stereos work with WP for some reason.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2013 VW CC and the 925 that I have is the first phone that has worked flawlessly with the BT. The other phones I have tried with it was Samsung galaxy note 2, galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z1 and a Z.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss