Viber Invalid Phone Number

steeeeeevo

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
I reinstalled my Viber app, and now when I try to register it says invalid phone number.

I have tried to contact Viber Support, and they are ******* useless. What should I do?

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm an official representative from Viber. I'm here to help :)

The "Invalid number" error message can be caused by 2 things:
1. either you entered a number whose format is not defined in our servers. What country are you located in? What is the format of your phone number?
2. Or your network was blocking Viber's attempt to register. Please switch between a few different WiFi networks and see if the problem persists.

Thanks,

Ewy63

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having the exact problem with my iphone 5 whereby Viber is saying my phone number is invalid. I am from the UK and trying to enter my phone number both with and without the first zero.

This started when I installed Viber on my iPad last night and was sent an sms activation code. When I entered this on the ipad I found that Viber on my iphone also asked for another activation code. I then deleted and tried to reinstall Viber but cannot now get passed the entering of my telephone number.

I have tried this on 2 wi-fi networks, which I have been using for other applications without any problems today.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Dobie Lover

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I had downloaded Viber and it worked great. I talked to my friend in Singapore. Now I can't reach her. Telling me thgat is an invalid number

mulkernc

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm having exact same problem after installing viber on iPad air!! Please help I'm entering correct phone number from Ireland

Elizabeth Wass

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi I've got the exact same problem as you described :( I guess you can't use viber on both iPhone and iPad air, but now I can't install the app on either! Think on balance I'd prefer it on my iPhone, where it had been working fine till I tried adding it on iPad too. Did you find a way to solve this? Thanks : )

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi I've got the exact same problem as you described :( I guess you can't use viber on both iPhone and iPad air, but now I can't install the app on either! Think on balance I'd prefer it on my iPhone, where it had been working fine till I tried adding it on iPad too. Did you find a way to solve this? Thanks : )

Hi and welcome to WPCentral. This forum is for the Windows Phone platform. However, we have a very friendly and helpful sister site called iMore, which is all about iPhones/iPads/Macs. They will be better able to help you, since they are experts in all Apple products. Please do check out iMore. I'm sure they will be able to help you. iOS Apps & Games - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com

Tseo

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I get the same error. I am in Laos countrycode 856 and my number is 280xxyyz. It?s a short number compared to others, so I think your server is configured to only allow 10 digits maybe? My number is 8 digits. Will this be fixed, else I would have to abandon this application.

iva Ika

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I am using android , got a code but can't by pass my phone number to enter the code. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

ab307

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,
I have been advised by viber that my number has been blocked due to unusual activity .I do not understand what they mean by that .

said elshemy

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Please help me to regisyer my number and use viber. I have tried to delete the app, uninstall and install it again but it doesn't work. I tried to use my number from another mobile but it still says invalid number. Please please do something about this. I have this great need and love for your application. I would really appreciate your help. I am from the kuwait and my mobile number is +96555777699. my phone its note 4 . and if i use other number in my phone to use viber its working fine but with my number its not woerking.Thank you and best regards!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05