Will we ever get a high spec WP8 phone with a 4 inch screen?

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The only Windows Phones with 4 inch screen or less are the HTC 8S and the Lumia 620 (I think). I'm not a fan of screen any bigger than 4 inches. I love my 620 but I really want a high spec phone. Do you think there's any chance a phone of such sort will ever be available? Phone screens just keep getting bigger and bigger. I don't think it will ever happen. The only high end phone I can think of with a 4 inch screen is the iPhone. I'm hoping that Nokia will release something with a smaller screen with WP8.1, but it probably will be aimed at the low end of the market :(

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it, like you said phones are going the other way, they're getting bigger, not smaller. The 720 and 820 are 4.3" screens. They are a little jump from your 3.8" on the 620, but you really do get used to the bigger screens. You would probably get used to a 4.3". Any bigger than that will seem like quite a big jump.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
The only Windows Phones with 4 inch screen or less are the HTC 8S and the Lumia 620 (I think). I'm not a fan of screen any bigger than 4 inches. I love my 620 but I really want a high spec phone. Do you think there's any chance a phone of such sort will ever be available? Phone screens just keep getting bigger and bigger. I don't think it will ever happen. The only high end phone I can think of with a 4 inch screen is the iPhone. I'm hoping that Nokia will release something with a smaller screen with WP8.1, but it probably will be aimed at the low end of the market :(

I'm with you on that one. Seeing as phones are getting bigger by the minute, my next phone may very well be an iPhone thanks to that. And I'd still moan about it because it doesn't have a 4x3 keyboard for texting.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
+1 its time we see another compact higher end phone.
I'm ok with my 920, but a more compact (not just thinner) option would be nice

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I also refuse to put a giant phone in my pocket. This is why I chose the 822 and couldn't pull the trigger on the 928 when it came out, too big and too square.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I really like the L800 design. High end and small, I'm using 521 now. I would get an L920 but its too big. I just need a wp8 phone and guess what? My 521 feels high end enough.

vakama94

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
From 4.3" to 4.5/7" I think it's just fine. Phones that are well over 5" are just too much for a phone. Let's hope they keep something like the Lumia 1020 for another high end handset.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you. I'm sick of seeing these monster sized phones. Pack more into less. Hate to mention it, but the Iphone has managed to do it, Nokia should be able to as well.

I have a 920, and its a little bigger than I'd like but I can deal with it. I'd never go larger.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It is hard to believe that what this thread wants, a 4" higher spec device, is considered "small". Remember when Samsung released the Infuse on AT&T about 2 years ago, and the 4.5" screen was considered too big to succeed? Sammy was always ahead of the curve on this: Push the limit with a lower spec 4.5" Infuse, then the first Galaxy Note at 5", then the Mega with it's lower end features and 6.3" screen. They seem to want to see what is the smallest device they can sell as a phone without actually being a tablet. If the lower end large screen is a success, then they follow it up with a premium device with a similar large screen.

Launch the screen wars!!!

So, anyone who wants a top end 4.0" screen device, and I doubt you will ever see a smaller then 4" Hero phone, needs a manufacturer to roll the dice on it to try and capitalize on the wants of people not served by monster phones. I still think if one of these "mini" phones, like the HTC One mini or GS3 Mini, are a huge success (pun completely intended) at 4.3", then the someone will put out a flagship to meet your needs.

But the problem with a small screen device is the same as the problem with the even smaller group like me that would like a decent smart phone with a physical keyboard: The people willing to shell out the biggest dollars for the top end devices are the media hogs. Gaming, videos, streaming movies- these buyers need the top end everything in their phones as far as chipsets and also want as big a screen as they can get. Buyers who want smaller screens tend to be buyers who do not care about those top end media requirements. They just want a one-handed user experience with bright screens and a seamless operation. That can be accomplished with lesser hardware which increase the profit per handset.Just look at the Nokia offerings: There is only one device with a larger then 4.3" screen at the mid-range level, the 4.7" L625. All the rest of the mid range to low end offerings are 4.3" or smaller, the spec sheets are middle of the road, the performance are all good, and they sell with almost no real promotion. If companies can get away with that, why risk a top end device with a smaller screen when the iPhone seems to have that market cornered?

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Same here, i love my 920 and 1020 but my 800 and 620 feels way better in my Hand but for Daily use the Specs are not High End enough for me (Games cause of RAM and Camera).

It would be so great if a High End 4 Inch Phone would be made with WP8!

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I just want a 5" version of the 1520 lol but 4.3" screen on the 8X is a nice size i think 3.8 is too small now to be honest for web browsing etc.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I want a 3" WVGA screen phone....super thin like droid maxx thin. Before you laugh...ppi at that size would be 310...which the human eye can't discern beyond 300

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

What doesn?t work in the 620? Some games? Probably they won?t be worth playing in a "nowadays small" screen.

The only thing I would like is a camera like the 1520, but I don?t know if in this size it?s in the near future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre