Notification Light that Blinks on new messages on...

CommieCow

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to have a small breathing LED light placed just under the Windows Logo at the bottom of the phone that will alert you of missed calls etc like the Nokia 5800 Series?
I understand it should be easy enough to do, but then again some people who have the phones and want an addition like that will have the phones that dont have it..

Nokia would never do this as they would have to recall every phone, costing them money.. install the LED and ship it back out, UNLESS there is a DIY way of doing it..
This is one of the major flaws on these phones so I'm hoping some reads this and takes it into consideration, I've missed SOOOO many messages/emails etc.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
While they can't add a new LED light, they can make the current windows phone logo button blink or something. This is actually a widely requested feature. It would only require firmware update and it would work on all current devices. Microsoft or Nokia would have to do this. And now that Microsoft in buying Nokia, it will be Microsoft who would do it. I have high hopes for WP 8.1 . It should be a good sizable update.

CommieCow

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
But to make it blink wouldn't it require a LED there unless there might already be one?

I know its a hugely requested feature I just hope that they decide to make their magic and have it work like the 5800..
Sometimes my phones on silent on the table and I miss stuff so once I see it blinking I'll know..

lupo84

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
While they can't add a new LED light, they can make the current windows phone logo button blink or something. This is actually a widely requested feature. It would only require firmware update and it would work on all current devices. Microsoft or Nokia would have to do this. And now that Microsoft in buying Nokia, it will be Microsoft who would do it. I have high hopes for WP 8.1 . It should be a good sizable update.

i agree with you... That would be an Amazing step ahead for Microsoft....

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Several of the WP7 devices had red LEDs. My Trophy had one, but now I can't recall if it used it for notification of missed calls, or if it was just for charging state, as it's been a year since I used it. The manufacturers could do whatever they wanted, as far as making a notification light. But the rest of us, not so much. Microsoft has not published an API for accessing the state of the backlights behind the hardware buttons, so that's not an option for developers - at least not for the moment. I'm sure they could open it up, but whether they will, and when it would happen, who knows.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
According to HTC and Sprint's documentation the 8XT is supposed to notify about messages via a small LED... But in my experience, it only lights up to indicate that it's charging/charged status.
HTC 8XT User Guide

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
According to HTC and Sprint's documentation the 8XT is supposed to notify about messages via a small LED... But in my experience, it only lights up to indicate that it's charging/charged status.
HTC 8XT User Guide

That's all it has ever done on Windows Phone.

There has never been a notification LED on windows phone.

There have been charging and low battery lights, that's it.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
That's all it has ever done on Windows Phone.

There has never been a notification LED on windows phone.

There have been charging and low battery lights, that's it.

that's not true. HTC had a wp7 device with a notification led (I believe the trophy). Although it was the only windows phone ever with a notification led...

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
that's not true. HTC had a wp7 device with a notification led (I believe the trophy). Although it was the only windows phone ever with a notification led...

No it didn't. Sorry. That was just a charging and low battery indicator. All HTC windows phone devices used to have this.

lupo84

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I just realized that mine 1020's Microsoft logo flashes for a while until it boots when exhaust is completely.....
So I suppose Microsoft could let it work as a flash led...
It is also true that Nokia will upgrade the glance screen whit the BLACK update wich allow glance screen to show notifications..
But Microsoft still must work on it...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss