Notification Light that Blinks on new messages on...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't remember if the red/green light on the Trophy was a notification light or just battery charge state indicator... I don't get enough phone calls to recall. Nobody wants to talk to me. And I'm good with that. :wink:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry buddy, windows phone has never had support for notification lights. Sorry, it's just doesn't support it.

The Trophy definitely had a notification light. It blinked green for missed calls and lit up red when charging. That's all it did though, nothing for texts or other notifications.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
"Sorry buddy" but I'm not sure how "we're all sort of correct" because you stated it never supported it, and it did.

boovish

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
While they can't add a new LED light, they can make the current windows phone logo button blink or something. This is actually a widely requested feature. It would only require firmware update and it would work on all current devices. Microsoft or Nokia would have to do this. And now that Microsoft in buying Nokia, it will be Microsoft who would do it. I have high hopes for WP 8.1 . It should be a good sizable update.

I like that option. It was a good update for Palm when the Gesture Light started to bilk notifications

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
"Sorry buddy" but I'm not sure how "we're all sort of correct" because you stated it never supported it, and it did.

Are you serious?

Missed calls are entirely different than emails, messages and tons of other notifications that a notification LED is used for.

Sorry buddy for not being technical and semantical enough for you

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am serious. Every time I said I remembered an HTC WP7 device having a blinking indicator for missed calls, and maybe missed text messages, you said "no, sorry buddy, etc"

Never did you say "maybe for missed calls, but not for other notifications". So yeah, I am serious.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
...and just to avoid the back and forth, I won't address this with you again. You can have the last word, last sentence, last whatever.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The Trophy, like other HTC devices, also has the notification light at top that alternates between green/red when the device is over heating. So that, along with missed calls, & low battery are the only ways that the notification light is used.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
While they can't add a new LED light, they can make the current windows phone logo button blink or something. This is actually a widely requested feature. It would only require firmware update and it would work on all current devices. Microsoft or Nokia would have to do this. And now that Microsoft in buying Nokia, it will be Microsoft who would do it. I have high hopes for WP 8.1 . It should be a good sizable update.

The question is, they would have to do it, but would they do it?

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be great if WP8 devices can use the windows button as a notification led. Still only white though, but if they add different blinking profiles you would be able to distinguish calls and messages etc.

ptrkhh

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Nokia Lumia, you will get notification on the Glance screen on the next update.
If you have a non-Nokia Windows Phone, I hope Microsoft is kind enough to give Glance to other Windows Phones since Microsoft owns Nokia now

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
if you have a nokia lumia, you will get notification on the glance screen on the next update.
If you have a non-nokia windows phone, i hope microsoft is kind enough to give glance to other windows phones since microsoft owns nokia now will hopefully own nokia's devices in early 2014.
ftfy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs