Music + Video Hub Resume Playback

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I know there was na old thread about that but I just want to be a little bit more explicit.

Simple thing: I start listen to musics lets say in my way to work and as soon as I get there I hit pause and start through the working day. Eventually I use my L920 to check e-mails, check on People Hub, send some Facebook and Whatsapp messages.
At the end of the day, going back home, I just wanted to be able to reopen Music Hub, hit play and restart form the point I left. It could be the same song at least... But no. As soon as I reopen Music Hub, theres nothing indicating the point I paused earlier. I must manually navigate to the album and pick the song it was playing before (if I could remember...)

Is this the "normal" behavior to expect from WP8 OS or is it a bug?

Such a basic feature.... C'mom...Its already GDR3 (preview) Microsoft.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I do this everyday, it does know when you paused it, unless you open a media app (I suspect whatsapp since this was so popular to use the audio bg task for no apparent reason) or file.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, Whatsapp should have not use these APIs unless you are dealing with sending/receiving video/audio I suppose.

Strange that i only sending / receiving images interfers with audio playback. I will run some tests to make a conclusion.

Thanks for the tip mate.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
"...it does know when you paused it, unless you open a media app "
Correct. The Music+Video Hub does in fact pause...until a media file is next selected. Just want to add that this includes podcasts, videos, radio as well as music files .... and of course You Tube

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I do this everyday, it does know when you paused it, unless you open a media app (I suspect whatsapp since this was so popular to use the audio bg task for no apparent reason) or file.

I seem to recall reading the same thing about Whatsapp using the audio bg task. If not already confirmed the OP should just test and confirm. Pause the music, immediately use Whatsapp, then try to resume the music. Even just tapping a volume button should bring up the media playback ribbon if the music bg task hasn't been killed.

I wish the OS could somehow keep paused media in the back-stack, so you could press back a few times, return to the media app and have it resume. Or let you kill the interrupting app via the switcher and then let you resume your media.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos