Email Issues and Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

Dunno if it already exists but just thought we can consolidate all email app related queries here. I had a couple of shortcomings with the mail app for which I didn't find much info online and also in the forums here so thought this thread would help. Note that some of these might have already been discussed here.

First up, I expected a very robust email experience in Windows Phone very similar to at least what was in the old mail app in Windows 8. When Nokia and MS scream out that this is THE phone for business, obviously they have overlooked some real important shortcomings.

1. There is no Rich Text/HTML feature for composing mails. I was actually quite disappointed as I couldn't compose an important mail which needed to have bold and italics in the contents. Had to open Outlook via the browser to get the job done. Incoming HTML/Rich Text emails render pretty fine though.

2. No option to allow a sender of interest to always allow blocked content (like pictures).

3. Although I get where MS is heading with the whole cloud thing, the fact of the matter is not many would prefer sharing links via Skydrive. Its pretty straightforward to directly attach a file (regardless of extension; with some exceptions ofcourse) in an email and finish the job.

4. Also the Mail app (and other core apps like Music, Games, People etc) should be separated and easily updatable like in Windows 8. I don't know if these are API limitations or self imposed standards. But the thing is separating the core apps allows MS to independently work on improving them regardless of OS version number, similar to how they updated the earlier Windows 8 versions.

These are some of my rants of an otherwise great experience. Share yours as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss