So my car has an Bluetooth system. If I press and hold the home press of my phone when driving the car shows an incoming phone call from my own number and takes voice input from my car microphone system (using Hands-Free Profile (HFP)) for Speech-to-Text. Is there a way to start Speech-to-Text from the car it self. I tried calling my own number but that did not work.

My Setup:
    Car: Honda Accord 2013 LX (supports Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, HFP, MAP and PBA) North American Model
    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 AT&T (With GDR3 Beta)

Thank you in advance for your help,
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Geller; 11-08-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    11-08-2013 03:42 PM
    You have to see if Text-to-Speech from the car itself is supported, look in the owners manual or call the dealer,
    You also need to set it up on your phone first
    go to SPEECH in settings and make sure "read aloud incoming text messages" is configured for Bluetooth.

BTW it's not GDR3 Beta it's the real deal it's just that the general public doesn't have it.
    11-08-2013 03:52 PM
    You have to see if Text-to-Speech from the car itself is supported, look in the owners manual or call the dealer,
    You also need to set it up on your phone first
    go to SPEECH in settings and make sure "read aloud incoming text messages" is configured for Bluetooth.

BTW it's not GDR3 Beta it's the real deal it's just that the general public doesn't have it.
    PB_H,

Sorry I meant to say Speech-to-Text (not Text-to-Speech). I have corrected my post. Text-to-Speech works fine for me. I am trying to find a way to start Speech-to-Text from the car itself.
    11-08-2013 04:03 PM
    PB_H,

Sorry I meant to say Speech-to-Text (not Text-to-Speech). I have corrected my post. Text-to-Speech works fine for me. I am trying to find a way to start Speech-to-Text from the car itself.
    I have a Mazda cx7 and I could tell you I can not start speech to text, but if I get a text the car tells me, you have a text from **** do you want to read it, ignore it, or save it. Then I say read it and it reads the text to me in full, then it ask do you want to reply, delete and I say reply, it says say you message, I say my text, them it read's back to me then ask ok to send, I say yes.
    Works great love it.
    11-08-2013 04:24 PM
    You have GDR3 have you enabled the new advanced settings for Bluetooth
    [X] Connect in a different way to use Speech with Bluetooth in my car.

Don't know if that makes a difference tho"
    11-08-2013 04:30 PM