Phone heating up and battery drainage.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
So many things cause my 520 and my 920 to heat up and just lose battery like there's np tomorrow! Web browsing, /any/ messenger besides the built in one, Facebook, wpcentral, most games, I have had this phone for 6 months, and I have never found an answer. Is it an OS bug? What causes this? Are there any rememdies /besides/ the good old turn off, cool down, turn on? Thanks for reading. :)

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So many things cause my 520 and my 920 to heat up and just lose battery like there's np tomorrow! Web browsing, /any/ messenger besides the built in one, Facebook, wpcentral, most games, I have had this phone for 6 months, and I have never found an answer. Is it an OS bug? What causes this? Are there any rememdies /besides/ the good old turn off, cool down, turn on? Thanks for reading. :)

to make things better for the Solution could you post Background tasks, Internet Source [connected or not] etc?

Sureshr

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I do feel its an OS issue. My NL 925 also has this issue when I play most games with high graphics (uno, 6 guns). The battery drains very quickly (100-20) within1-2 hrs of play and also the top portion of the phone gets hot.

I tried all battery saving steps.

- Verified BG tasks
- Enabled battery saver
- Turned off data connection while on wifi
- Rebooted the smartphone

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
to make things better for the Solution could you post Background tasks, Internet Source [connected or not] etc?
It's not the background tasks, as my phone (s) can idle for days without dying. It's /any/ web browsing, be it YouTube, or Bing images, or any website. Even opening the browser, starting up google, and just letting the phone sit will heat it up.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It's not the background tasks, as my phone (s) can idle for days without dying. It's /any/ web browsing, be it YouTube, or Bing images, or any website. Even opening the browser, starting up google, and just letting the phone sit will heat it up.

hm.. The browser api has bugs then..

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site

Start closing the tab after you finish browsing, don't just back out of the IE..

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
every damn phone has heating issue while 3g/ wifi is being used.

My nexus 4 gets heated up too while i surf on net.
No, not just heating up. I mean, I've had my fair share of android/symbian devices, and none of them had nearly as much heat up. The heat, is more like my phone is about to burst into flames. It certainly keeps me warm during this cold weather. :p

slobydamn

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happens to both my 800 and 925, and it seems like it continues even after shutting down apps and games completely, and at random too. Very annoying. I have a friends 920 that experiences it as well.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you search the forums for the one thousand or so other threads on this topic? People have posted hundreds of causes and hundreds of solutions. You just have to do a little research.

ilovenokia

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I notice that my Lumia 520 camera heated up so fast after 3 minutes of video recording
my Samsung S3 mini camera heat up also but not like the Lumia 520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos