Cannot Connect HTC 8X to Windows 7 computer NO MATTER WHAT!

bensonbellusci

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have browsed forums and how-to's for hours, and no matter what I do, I cannot get my HTC 8X to appear in devices, device manager, explorer, or in the windows phone desktop app. I was just wondering if I could gather some knowledge here, if anyone has some suggestions or tips and tricks. I just want to put some music on the phone, and I am extremely frustrated... haha. A couple other things...

Why do they have such a broken system for transferring music? Why can't we have an app like skydrive that hooks up with itunes that just syncs the music wirelessly, with a companion app on the computer? I got the free trial of Xbox Music pass, only to discover that windows made the awesome decision to make it only compatible with computer that run windows 8. Why Microsoft?

Thanks!

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
When the phone is plugged in, what do you see in Windows Device Manager?

With my Lumia, I have this:
lumia in device manager.JPG

If you get an unknown usb device, that suggests a driver problem or possibly a hardware fault.

It's worth trying it in a different usb port.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was having this problem with my Lumia 920 last month and tried a few things. The one thing that worked was keeping my phone connected to my computer and then rebooting it (the phone, that is). That did the trick. I was then able to browse my phone with the WP app I'd installed a few minutes beforehand but didn't even need it as I was able to browse normally on my computer itself again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire