Contacts, Calendar from Android question...

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I know it seems like everyone asks the same thing, a good sign of the number of people switching, perhaps :) but this is slightly different because I have Android right now but don't actually use the google ecosystem. I use gmail to sync and edit contacts and calendar but I have my own email server. I don't even use Google Search, I search with Bing on Android. So, unlike others I've seen here, I don't actually want to maintain the connection to and ACCESS the Google world on my new Windows Phone. All I want is to completely REMOVE contacts and calendar from the Google world to Outlook so I can continue to curate contacts and calendar with my phone and on Outlook.com or on Outlook on my PC and laptop. I've seen the idea of adding gmail to the Windows Phone, but again, I don't use gmail. I don't want that gmail account on my Windows Phone.
Does this make sense? So is there any way to take care of this? THANK YOU!!

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
You're absolutely right. Embarrassing. Don't know how I missed this. :)
Anyone know of any major issues with importing from Google Contacts or calendar? I found one thing weird. I was able to get the contacts birthdays to show up just by reading the dates from the contacts file. But when I exported my calendar and imported to Outlook.com to a new calendar the birthdays I had listed from Google didn't show up at all?

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
... But when I exported my calendar and imported to Outlook.com to a new calendar the birthdays I had listed from Google didn't show up at all?

not really related to outlook but google, but I find that any recurring appointments (or birthdays) that I had in google calendar is not being recurred on windows mobile - only its initial entry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos