Wow, didn't see that coming. Nokia will be providing the map service for Tizen. That's huge news. Tizen is shaping up to be and very real alternative for anyone not blindly loyal to any particular brand. If Tizen comes out with a truly high end device that can go up against the best of them, I'll definitely give 'er a try.

Source
    11-11-2013 09:42 PM
    Maybe it is part of a deal for a Samsung specific app or access.
    11-11-2013 10:11 PM
    Maybe it is part of a deal for a Samsung specific app or access.

Or is there any chance that Nokia may make a few Tizen devices down the road, along side their Windows Phone, once the embargo is lifted. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did this.
    11-11-2013 10:20 PM
    Well I sort of doubt Microsoft competes against themselves with such low numbers, even with a steady rise. They are still trying to make Windows Phone profitable. Remember, they will be the controlling factor soon and with them most, if not all, of the brilliant designers for the Nokia hardware division.
    11-11-2013 10:26 PM
    what exactly is tizen? all I think of it is a standalone non-Android OS version of touchwiz. there has to be more to it
    11-11-2013 10:39 PM
    Or is there any chance that Nokia may make a few Tizen devices down the road, along side their Windows Phone, once the embargo is lifted. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did this.
    That will be a big fat NO NO. When Microsoft buys Nokia's hardware division. The new Nokia, the Mapping company WILL be restricted to build any hardware for 27 months.
    11-11-2013 10:39 PM
    Listen, we all know Maps and Navigation are a big deal when it comes to any OS. Apple knew it, which is why they rushed to get one out themselves. So for Nokia to provide Tizen one of the best Maps/Navigation available, tells me there's gotta be something more to this. We're not talking about some small little do nothing app here. I'm betting we see a Nokia running Tizen in just under 3 years.

That will be a big fat NO NO. When Microsoft buys Nokia's hardware division. The new Nokia, the Mapping company WILL be restricted to build any hardware for 27 months.
    Which is why I said after the embargo is lifted.
    11-11-2013 11:32 PM