Any Win Phone 8 users like WP7.x better?

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I miss Zune. Wish they could have retained that PC syncing functionality, but there's money in the cloud model, not PC. WP8 multi-core support makes multitasking smoother. On WP7, listening to Audible while browsing the web didn't work well (Focus S). On a L520 this works with no hiccups. Also, WP8 expandable memory makes a budget phone like L520 acceptable.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I miss Zune. Wish they could have retained that PC syncing functionality, but there's money in the cloud model, not PC. WP8 multi-core support makes multitasking smoother. On WP7, listening to Audible while browsing the web didn't work well (Focus S). On a L520 this works with no hiccups. Also, WP8 expandable memory makes a budget phone like L520 acceptable.

No question WP8 has more improvements especially on the hardware side. But it's not nearly as quick or stable as WP7. I think we can all agree on that.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ha, I'm gIad you chimed in cuz I also felt a few were actually saying WP7.x was better. It looks like I started a lively thread, which really wasn't my goal. I guess I am one of the few (relatively speaking) with simple needs. I was happy as a clam with my L900 even though the L925 was out and WP8 kept cranking out new, cool apps for it. Thing is, after a lot of (mobile phone) soul searching I realized I really only used a handful of apps. And their all avail for WP7. I use FB, which I prefer the people Hub for, SMS, Nokia Music+, a newsreader or two, Twitter. I don't play games on my phone. Another big deal for me is the camera (which, after the update, my 900 was fine) the screen (where 420x800 with ClearBlack is more than fine, and great build quality. So I think another WP7 device is just fine for me... And I really do love the 800.

I think there are people out there that always equate new with better. There default answers then are "of course xxx is better, it's the latest!" if that were true we would all be unlocking our front doors with retina scans and thumbprint instead of a key.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree, I have had a couple WP8 phones and resorted back to the Lumia 800. Enough features for me for the time being. Am waiting to see what comes next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss