Parental Account Necessary but Non-Existent?

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So I got a Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 520) and I had it all set up on the Microsoft account I use for my Xbox LIVE (Birhdate is correct but under 18). All of a sudden I tried downloading a new app onto my phone and I was told I needed a parental account to accept the new terms and conditions. I was then directed to windowsphone.com and from there to the 'My Family' section. Once there I found that under 'Parental' accounts there was just my name (box is grey I'm assuming as there is no account?). All good as I'm the only account associated with the phone+Xbox. Under 'Kids' accounts is my name again with a message reading "Windows Phone Store Terms of Use not accepted". I tried reading other threads similar but they all directed me to my Xbox account and to change the account age settings. They were already listed as Adult. I also read somewhere that resetting my phone might work. So I did. It became softbricked (another story but I've fixed that) and still read all the same things about my Microsoft account. I cannot find anywhere to link a new parental account (also managed by me)to try to fix everything either.

I'm wondering if there is any way to completely delete 'My Family' and also whether or not I have to reset my phone again and create a new Microsoft account with over 18? My current account is under 18 and when I tried changing the age settings nothing changed with 'My Family'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett