11-17-2013 02:22 PM
147 1234 ...
tools
    Pretty damn good phone, considering the price. The op is fit, for these specs and the price, it takes a bite right out of the 520 and 620.
    11-13-2013 09:55 AM
    this is NOT a low spec phone!
    In android terms it is because of the screen and processor. Of course comparing to WP is high spec.. But again remember the smoothness is yet to be proven..
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    11-13-2013 09:57 AM
    I don't know of any person who owns a Motorola phone at where I am, considering I and some close friends are huge Motorola fans. I probably had every Micro-TAC, StarTAC (I still have one), and my last was the V3688 I bought in Hannover. In my circle, Motorola is dead.
    11-13-2013 10:13 AM
    After the evo, android will never be an option for me no matter what the phone.
    Well that's like saying "after dating *insert name*, girls will never be an option for me no matter what". Just because you had a bad date with a girl doesn't mean you should give up dating girls.

That said, WP is not in any danger. MS will adjust prices accordingly.
    11-13-2013 10:13 AM
    Well that's like saying "after dating *insert name*, girls will never be an option for me no matter what". Just because you had a bad date doesn't mean you have to give up dating.

I hope they do, because budget phones are the ones who drive the market. For every GS4 there are 5 or more budget smartphones in the market. I am relieved that this device will not come out until January though. If available in the Holiday season this would have been a KILLER
    11-13-2013 10:17 AM
    I've read reviews for the nexus 5 that describe the phone as still having lag, and not completely smooth screen movement. Despite advancements, android is still android. I know its first by miles in the market, but I think a lot of people are frustrated with sub par performance from android phones.

I bet the Moto g will sell well, but it won't run windows phone out of the store.
    eric12341 likes this.
    11-13-2013 10:29 AM
    it won't need to, the carrier cabal here already has.
    11-13-2013 10:35 AM
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Nokia is suppose to be coming out with the 525 which will basically be a spec'd up 520 which would have better specs, but (hopefully) still be $100, so the Moto g shouldn't be a problem. Calm down everyone.
    jmshub, squire777, Rem97 and 1 others like this.
    11-13-2013 10:36 AM
    There is a decidedly chicken little mentality here.

People who are shopping purely on price, the 520 is still better, and these people won't care about a front facing camera.

At least here in the US, the data plans are still priced at subsidy prices.. Only hardcore phone geeks will consider paying cash outright for a phone and then paying $50-100 month premium for data.
    squire777 and wapoz like this.
    11-13-2013 10:43 AM
    they will shop on price, and when they see bigger screen, higher res screen, FFC for just a little money more they will pick it every time.
    11-13-2013 10:47 AM
    Once again a competitor does something and a lot of people automatically assume that it means death for Windows Phone. I think a lot of you need to stop being so scared of everything Google or Apple does.

There are plenty of dirt cheap Android phones already out there and the specs aren't exactly high end. I don't think price was holding people back from switching to Android so it's not as if a cheap Android phone is something completely out of the blue.

4.5", 720P screen
    1.2 gHz quad core
    5 mp camera
    8 or 16 GB

*yawn*
    Rem97 and wapoz like this.
    11-13-2013 10:56 AM
    of course....leave out the most important part...$179...OFF CONTRACT.
    brendu likes this.
    11-13-2013 10:58 AM
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is. Nokia is suppose to be coming out with the 525 which will basically be a spec'd up 520 which would have better specs, but (hopefully) still be $100, so the Moto g shouldn't be a problem. Calm down everyone.
    WP's marketshare is majorly due to 520's sales, Android doesn't need to prove Kitkat's performance etc, it may be still crappy but good enough to pull back some of the WP8 adopters and ppl considering 520/525. WP needs more phones in low end, we only hv 520/620 for now and 525 is coming, compare this with high end, 920,925,1020,1320,1520. Time for Nokia to concentrate on low/med end. 625 wasn't able generate much buzz, 820 as well, only 720 became popular. we need more phone at competitive prices.
    11-13-2013 11:00 AM
    Once again a competitor does something and a lot of people automatically assume that it means death for Windows Phone. I think a lot of you need to stop being so scared of everything Google or Apple does.

There are plenty of dirt cheap Android phones already out there and the specs aren't exactly high end. I don't think price was holding people back from switching to Android so it's not as if a cheap Android phone is something completely out of the blue.

4.5", 720P screen
    1.2 gHz quad core
    5 mp camera
    8 or 16 GB

*yawn*
    WP is not in a position to be arrogant like this. never underestimate your foe, specially when the foe is powerful as android.
    11-13-2013 11:02 AM
    Looking at various stats, even though WP had some significant growth but not at cost of android and Android further has gained lead.
    11-13-2013 11:04 AM
    of course....leave out the most important part...$179...OFF CONTRACT.
    And as I said there are already dirt cheap Android phones out there. Price was never something that would hold people back from going with Android.
    jmshub likes this.
    11-13-2013 11:12 AM
    WP is not in a position to be arrogant like this. never underestimate your foe, specially when the foe is powerful as android.
    Arrogant?

More like not ****ting my pants anytime Google or Apple releases a new product.

We've seen these threads over and over...

Nexus 4 is gonna kill Windows Phone

BB10 is gonna kill Windows Phone

Moto X is gonna kill Windows Phone

GS4/Note 3 is gonna kill Windows Phone

iPhone 5C is gonna kill Windows Phone

Nexus 5 is gonna kill Windows Phone

and so on and so forth
    11-13-2013 11:15 AM
    And as I said there are already dirt cheap Android phones out there. Price was never something that would hold people back from going with Android.
    Exactly! Quit with the FUD.

On Sale: All No-Contract Phones - Best Buy
    wapoz likes this.
    11-13-2013 11:21 AM
    I don't think many people will be deciding between these two. Ppl will buy this because its cheap and runs android. Ppl will buy the 520 because its less than $100 and no doubt will run better than the "G".

I can get 2 NL 520 for 1 G. For most, that's a no brainer.
    jmshub likes this.
    11-13-2013 11:25 AM
    WP's marketshare is majorly due to 520's sales, Android doesn't need to prove Kitkat's performance etc, it may be still crappy but good enough to pull back some of the WP8 adopters and ppl considering 520/525. WP needs more phones in low end, we only hv 520/620 for now and 525 is coming, compare this with high end, 920,925,1020,1320,1520. Time for Nokia to concentrate on low/med end. 625 wasn't able generate much buzz, 820 as well, only 720 became popular. we need more phone at competitive prices.
    I don't think this would steal hardly any WP users. At least no more than the 525 would steal back. I don't even get why the price is a big deal. What's the appeal? The low price? Well, whooptie freaking do, there are thousands of androids that are cheaper and thousands that are more expensive, its just another phone.
    11-13-2013 11:34 AM
    Well that's like saying "after dating *insert name*, girls will never be an option for me no matter what". Just because you had a bad date with a girl doesn't mean you should give up dating girls.

Not even a valid comparison. Because I could just date another girl, just like I can just choose another phone. Now if you had said because you dated a girl name Mary, and said I wouldn't date another Mary and not girls in general, it might make sense. But even then it's reaching. A bad experience with an OS can keep you from using that OS again, but not phones in general. Unless that's the only phone OS in existence, fortunately it's not.

Besides, how many android users have said they would never use WP again because of the experience? It goes both ways.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    11-13-2013 11:41 AM
    I don't think many people will be deciding between these two. Ppl will buy this because its cheap and runs android. Ppl will buy the 520 because its less than $100 and no doubt will run better than the "G".

I can get 2 NL 520 for 1 G. For most, that's a no brainer.
    Well we can't know if it will run better.. Maybe yes maybe no.. The L520 is awesome though..
    11-13-2013 11:45 AM
    Arrogant?

More like not ****ting my pants anytime Google or Apple releases a new product.

We've seen these threads over and over...

Nexus 4 is gonna kill Windows Phone

BB10 is gonna kill Windows Phone

Moto X is gonna kill Windows Phone

GS4/Note 3 is gonna kill Windows Phone

iPhone 5C is gonna kill Windows Phone

Nexus 5 is gonna kill Windows Phone

and so on and so forth
    But aint it happening, look at the marketshare of WP, the FUD is not for the users but for MS/Nokia, to shake'em up.
    bottomline, whether or not MotoG or moto h or anything comes in market we need more low & med end phones in market from Nokia.
    11-13-2013 11:54 AM
    I love when anything new pushes the envelope. I don't care who makes it or on what platform. As a consumer, I win every time. Keep it coming.
    stmav, unstoppablekem and rdubmu like this.
    11-13-2013 12:20 PM
    I love when anything new pushes the envelope. I don't care who makes it or on what platform. As a consumer, I win every time. Keep it coming.
    Especially that blocks idea. It's a cool idea.
    11-13-2013 12:54 PM
147 1234 ...