Volume adjusting headphones

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Is this a software issue or a totally hardware one? None of the headphone's are adjusting the volume of the music playing. Are there some that can on the market or just WP dont allows this feature?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Is this a software issue or a totally hardware one? None of the headphone's are adjusting the volume of the music playing. Are there some that can on the market or just WP dont allows this feature?

What phone are you using? What headphones do you have?

I own a pair of bluetooth headphones I can adjust the volume just fine. I'm not sure about wired headphones but I don't see a reason why not.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I plug my phone into generic speakers all the time and adjust the volume just fine. I wouldn't think the phone would be able to deactivate the volume adjustment of whatever is plugged into it.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
He's asking about inline controls on the headphone cord. ?Vol and single button playback control.

The problem is there isn't a 'standard' for this. It's mainly Apple's way, or some other way, so headphones with inline controls for "Apple" won't work on WP. Android by default won't support "Apple" headphones either, you have to install an app to translate the control pulses to adjust the volume.

The Nokia branded headphones obviously will allow volume control, and I have found the newer headphone/earbuds that come with the Samsung Galaxy Note phones also work with WP. But the Samsung earbud inline controls are so bloody small, you need child fingers to work them.

Now if someone figure a way to write some code that allows "Apple" inline control headphones to work with Windows Phone.... That would be AWESOME!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon