Variable speed playback?

bmsrunner

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing with a Nokia Lumia 521 for a few weeks and really like it. I would love to make it my primary phone. However, there is one feature that Windows Phone does not have that is a deal-breaker for me. As a big listener of audiobooks and podcasts, it is essential to be able to listen at 1.5x or 2x pitch-corrected speed. The weird thing is that it was possible for third-party developers to do this in Windows Mobile (Core Player, for example, did this very well). Of course, Android and iOS have had this capability for a long time. Any hope that Microsoft will ever add this feature? It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to implement!

carlcamera

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 does not currently support variable speed playback. I agree, this a really valuable feature. You can vote for this enhancement here:

Variable Speed Playback – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

No word on whether WP8 "BLUE" will provide this support. (Hello? Anyone?) I have my fingers crossed. Listening to podcasts at 1x is sssssssoooooooo sssssslllllllooooooowwwww. I read a post somewhere that folks are using an app to download podcasts, re-encode them at a faster speed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234