lenono miix 2 vs dell venue pro 8

Djal Tropoje

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
When will #wpcentral staff make a comparison between dell venue pro 8 and lenono miix 2 . Looking forward to seeing it :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Very confused by the title of this post.

Anyways, Daniel said a few days.

Edit: glad you fixed it

Last edited:

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Well let's see. I bought both.

Miix2
Liked its thinness and location of the Windows button.
Didn't like the power on issues after being in standby for a long period.

Venue 8
I like the rubber backing, the speaker is better than the Lenovo, the screen is noticeably better.
I don't like the Windows button placement, nor am I happy with the screen brightness adjustment. When you move the slider all the way up for max brightness, it hardly gets brighter. But it seems to get brighter depending on the room lighting. Just seems to be an odd functionality. I don't have this problem on my Surface Pro.

The tablet I kept is the Dell. Windows button and screen brightness setting aside, I don't have to deal with those weird power issues I had with the Lenovo and it feels better in my hand using it.

Last edited:

Djal Tropoje

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to buy a lenovo but i doubt now , is this standy issue that annoying :/ is there no fix for it ? maybe an update should fix it

hcrick

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Well let's see. I bought both.

Miix2
Liked its thinness and location of the Windows button.
Didn't like the power on issues after being in standby for a long period.

Venue 8
I like the rubber backing, the speaker is better than the Lenovo, the screen is noticeably better.
I don't like the Windows button placement, nor am I happy with the screen brightness adjustment. When you move the slider all the way up for max brightness, it hardly gets brighter. But it seems to get brighter depending on the room lighting. Just seems to be an odd functionality. I don't have this problem on my Surface Pro.

The tablet I kept is the Dell. Windows button and screen brightness setting aside, I don't have to deal with those weird power issues I had with the Lenovo and it feels better in my hand using it.

Sounds like adaptive brightness is kicking in on your Dell. Disable the setting and it should behave as you expect.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm stuck in the middle of these 2 as well. One thing that's pushing me toward the lenovo is that one person has said that you can charge and use USB peripherals at the same time (adapter necessary of course). The dell people are coming up with strange work arounds to do that. The second thing I like is the smart cover with integrated stylus. I think I'd rarely use the stylus, but if it's in the cover I'm happy to oblige.

People keep saying the volume on the dell is better. How does it compare to the original ipad mini or nokia 920 so I have some kind of reference?

Djal Tropoje

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Im going for the lenovo , but everybody keep sayin that standby issues are very annoying , waiting for a fix , and a full comparison from daniel :D

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I guess that's a bigger bug than some of the Dell bugs: pen not working correctly. Both have bugs...wish we had a time line on when each company was going to update and fix things. The only thing that could sway my mind at this point would be a huge price savings on the dell. Dell has been known to have great sales.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck in the middle of these 2 as well. One thing that's pushing me toward the lenovo is that one person has said that you can charge and use USB peripherals at the same time (adapter necessary of course). The dell people are coming up with strange work arounds to do that. The second thing I like is the smart cover with integrated stylus. I think I'd rarely use the stylus, but if it's in the cover I'm happy to oblige.

People keep saying the volume on the dell is better. How does it compare to the original ipad mini or nokia 920 so I have some kind of reference?

The volume is noticeably better on the Dell (it can get loud), and the speaker placement is very good when holding it in landscape orientation. Meaning the speaker is on the edge instead of on the back of the tablet. It just projects more and there's a little dare-I-say bass coming out of there. The speaker produces sound fuller than my 920.

On both tablets, I was able to connect my FiiO E17 headphone amp and have it charge while in use. Using my USB OTG cable, of course.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my hands on a lenovo to mess around with. Here's a video comparison at a ipad mini and miix2 at full volume for comparison. The video doesn't quite give you the full effect, but the ipad is noticeably louder. Definitely not a deal breaker. The miix2 is still plenty loud.

Djal Tropoje

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I hate the upper Dell Button , its so uncomfortable , but i dont have any information about the battery life and who has a better overall performance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo