Would you recommend the Surface RT with my preferences?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The touch/type cover is pricey. I may just buy a mini Bluetooth keyboard instead as I can get a good one for around $30. Would there be a noticeable difference in the experience? Besides the cover and portability that is.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The touch/type cover is pricey. I may just buy a mini Bluetooth keyboard instead as I can get a good one for around $30. Would there be a noticeable difference in the experience? Besides the cover and portability that is.

Idk what difference you could possibly expect? Lol you type and it appears on screen lol

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Is there any limit to the Bluetooth pairing? I'm planning on using a keyboard, mouse, speaker and headset. Could it handle this? And how does the Xbox 360 controller pairing work?

chi-town311

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
My wife just got a Lenovo Yoga 11 RT laptop/convertible. I liked it so much I ordered one for myself and it should be here next week. Setup took a little while since it had to update the software maybe 3 times, but it is a great device. Build quality is excellent. Runs smooth and snappy. 10 hours of battery life. Originally it went for close to 700. It is on sale on Lenovo's site for 300 right now. Compared to the Surface RT at $200, It is a great deal considering that it comes with a great keyboard and touchpad already attached. The only downside is that you can't detach the keyboard. In tablet mode it can be a tad heavy, but I've found that using the keyboard as a stand is really handy.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
My wife just got a Lenovo Yoga 11 RT laptop/convertible. I liked it so much I ordered one for myself and it should be here next week. Setup took a little while since it had to update the software maybe 3 times, but it is a great device. Build quality is excellent. Runs smooth and snappy. 10 hours of battery life. Originally it went for close to 700. It is on sale on Lenovo's site for 300 right now. Compared to the Surface RT at $200, It is a great deal considering that it comes with a great keyboard and touchpad already attached. The only downside is that you can't detach the keyboard. In tablet mode it can be a tad heavy, but I've found that using the keyboard as a stand is really handy.
I would really like to get that, but I don't have the money. :(

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the original Surface RT as well, and absolutely love it. In fact, it's become my primary computing device for both personal and work (while mobile) purposes. The Tegra 3 may not be the fastest chipset on the market, but I find it to be more than adequate for web browsing, Facebook, media streaming or basic Office tasks. The inclusion of Outlook with the 8.1 update only makes it better, and I can use Remote Desktop to connect to my company's terminal server.

For short bursts of typing, such as this response, the on-screen keyboard works very well. However, for extended typing, I suggest getting a type cover 2. All in all, I don't think the device will disappoint if you have realistic expectations.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I plan to get an RT on black Friday. I had a tablet w/full W8, but I didn't really use desktop mode that much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but RT is best utilized when you can remote back to a standing desktop if you have one. Gives you the functionality of a full PC and its applications.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but RT is best utilized when you can remote back to a standing desktop if you have one. Gives you the functionality of a full PC and its applications.
Thanks! :D Do I have to download any software for my PC? And is it windows 7 compatible?

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Who said there are no other browsers??

Yes, there ARE other browsers in RT, just not anything you would recognize by name.

There is the UC Browser HD
Mimic Browser

and a few others imbedded in other Tool type all-in one apps.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Who said there are no other browsers??

Yes, there ARE other browsers in RT, just not anything you would recognize by name.

There is the UC Browser HD
Mimic Browser

and a few others imbedded in other Tool type all-in one apps.
Does UC Browser have the same functionality as IE? Is it just a UI wrapper?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)