How many WP8 owners don't own XBoxes?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So far the poll is showing 75% of people only have a WP device and 3/4 of the Xbox owners got one independently of the gaming integration.

This is a far cry from these "millions" of people I've seen quoted that jumped to WP because of Xbox.

Definitely not what I was expecting either. Thank your for the interesting poll!

However, I wonder how representative this really is. As great as the people here are, they are usually nothing at all like the general consumer. Going only by the people on this site, we could probably deduce that WP is more responsible for selling XB1s, rather than the other way around. If I played console games, I'd also belong to the group choosing WP first, console second.

I'm also with those who believe the PC offers the far superior gaming experience, at least for those interested in also jogging their mind and not just their reflexes.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
People who get WP cos of Xbox are more likely to reside on dedicated Xbox forums, here we might see more people who got Xbox due to WP :p

Niche forums (or any forums, really) never really represent average user base.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
People who get WP cos of Xbox are more likely to reside on dedicated Xbox forums, here we might see more people who got Xbox due to WP :p

Niche forums (or any forums, really) never really represent average user base.
I realise it is only a straw poll, but the amount of moaning about achievements led me to believe that there are a good few on here too.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm more of a Nintendo person. I never really cared for Microsoft's consoles. I was a bit interested in the Playstation 3, but didn't get one till a few months ago, when I could get one for $150. It's basically my DVD/BD player. I have three games and have yet to play a single one. Most of my gaming is done on the 3DS and Wii U :p

Although, the Xbox One as a media device interests me. However, I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

To be more on topic, my interest in Windows Phone and Xbox are completely separate. My interest in Windows Phone stems from my preference of Microsoft's online services.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a WP8, and I am a gamer, but a PC gamer, and I want nothing to do with consoles as far as serious gaming goes. I still like the Xbox branding on WP, it makes the games more interesting with achievements integrated in the same way across multiple games.

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've never been interested in the Xbox. I've tried them a few times in sores and at friends houses, and I've never felt comfortable with Xboxes, I feel so at home with PlayStation devices (I've only had a PS3 for 2 years mind). Maybe if I were younger, and I had the choice now, it might be different, I dunno. Plus you get Gran Turismo with PS.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got my Xbox 360 back in late 2011, and i got my Windows Phone in June-July 2013, which was a Nokia Lumia 520. :)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not what I was expecting either. Thank your for the interesting poll!

However, I wonder how representative this really is. As great as the people here are, they are usually nothing at all like the general consumer. Going only by the people on this site, we could probably deduce that WP is more responsible for selling XB1s, rather than the other way around. If I played console games, I'd also belong to the group choosing WP first, console second.

I'm also with those who believe the PC offers the far superior gaming experience, at least for those interested in also jogging their mind and not just their reflexes.

This poll is meaningless (as are all Internet polls) because it's not a representative sample of anything.

Put it this way, there are people who got a Windows Phone primarily because it had Xbox integration. There are also people who didn't care about Xbox but now do because they tested it out on their Windows Phone. This cross-pollination is good for Windows Phone (brings in more people), good for Xbox (brings in more people), and good for Microsoft. I cannot think of any downside to having Xbox on Windows Phone. I can only think of downsides to taking it away.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Nintendo fan. And, if I have a preference for graphics, I'll have it done on my PC.
Preoblem solved.

Truth to be told, though, it's the other way around for me.

Windows Phone got me interested in the XBOX.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Xbox integration and the gaming lineup is rubbish on Windows Phone. I really hope Microsoft gets their crap together on PC and mobile, there's just no reason why I'd invest in their gaming ecosystem as it stands. I have a PS3 but primarily use Steam.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 520.
I am a gamer and have ps2 thinking of buying xboxone but it is 50% less powerful than ps4 so I am confused to which one for go.
as xboxone is having much more multimedia facility then ps4.
as both have the same price ₹40,000 in India which is far high than the official price in US.
the rate with current currency exchange is
Price of xboxone in US:$499= ₹31,437.
Price of ps4 in US:$399= ₹25,137.
I dont know why they both are so costly In India.

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
@Skyrocker007 - For heaven's sake people, PS4 is not 50% faster than XB1. It does not translate like that in real world performance. Yes, theoretically PS4 is slightly more powerful than XB1 (though not 50%). But, real world performance depends on a lot of things including mainly the management of available resources. My opinion is both will have more or less similar performances in real world just like last gen.

However XB1 offers a lot more than just gaming. You will get your moneys worth more in XB1 than PS4. That said you have to watch out for the exclusives on both consoles. Whatever strikes as better exclusives that suit you, you should purchase that console.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon