View Poll Results: Do you own an Xbox and a WP device?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and I chose WP because of this

14 6.90%
  • Yes and I just happened to get a WP8 device too

39 19.21%
  • No

150 73.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
11-18-2013 03:01 PM
88 1234
tools
    I'm more of a Nintendo person. I never really cared for Microsoft's consoles. I was a bit interested in the Playstation 3, but didn't get one till a few months ago, when I could get one for $150. It's basically my DVD/BD player. I have three games and have yet to play a single one. Most of my gaming is done on the 3DS and Wii U :P

Although, the Xbox One as a media device interests me. However, I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

To be more on topic, my interest in Windows Phone and Xbox are completely separate. My interest in Windows Phone stems from my preference of Microsoft's online services.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    11-15-2013 03:53 PM
    I have a WP8, and I am a gamer, but a PC gamer, and I want nothing to do with consoles as far as serious gaming goes. I still like the Xbox branding on WP, it makes the games more interesting with achievements integrated in the same way across multiple games.
    11-15-2013 05:23 PM
    I've never been interested in the Xbox. I've tried them a few times in sores and at friends houses, and I've never felt comfortable with Xboxes, I feel so at home with PlayStation devices (I've only had a PS3 for 2 years mind). Maybe if I were younger, and I had the choice now, it might be different, I dunno. Plus you get Gran Turismo with PS.
    11-15-2013 05:35 PM
    I got my Xbox 360 back in late 2011, and i got my Windows Phone in June-July 2013, which was a Nokia Lumia 520. :)
    11-15-2013 06:03 PM
    I don't have an Xbox or playstation. I came for the tiles :P
    I may get an Xb1 though in the future.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-15-2013 06:05 PM
    Definitely not what I was expecting either. Thank your for the interesting poll!

However, I wonder how representative this really is. As great as the people here are, they are usually nothing at all like the general consumer. Going only by the people on this site, we could probably deduce that WP is more responsible for selling XB1s, rather than the other way around. If I played console games, I'd also belong to the group choosing WP first, console second.

I'm also with those who believe the PC offers the far superior gaming experience, at least for those interested in also jogging their mind and not just their reflexes.
    This poll is meaningless (as are all Internet polls) because it's not a representative sample of anything.

Put it this way, there are people who got a Windows Phone primarily because it had Xbox integration. There are also people who didn't care about Xbox but now do because they tested it out on their Windows Phone. This cross-pollination is good for Windows Phone (brings in more people), good for Xbox (brings in more people), and good for Microsoft. I cannot think of any downside to having Xbox on Windows Phone. I can only think of downsides to taking it away.
    11-15-2013 06:39 PM
    never had an xbox in my life, nearest thing i have to that is an xbow
    11-15-2013 07:27 PM
    Own a WP8 device. 1020. I'll never own a console as long as PC gaming exists. I really only play CoD anyways...
    11-15-2013 08:44 PM
    I'm a Nintendo fan. And, if I have a preference for graphics, I'll have it done on my PC.
    Preoblem solved.

Truth to be told, though, it's the other way around for me.

Windows Phone got me interested in the XBOX.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-15-2013 09:21 PM
    Xbox integration and the gaming lineup is rubbish on Windows Phone. I really hope Microsoft gets their crap together on PC and mobile, there's just no reason why I'd invest in their gaming ecosystem as it stands. I have a PS3 but primarily use Steam.
    11-15-2013 10:01 PM
    I haven't had a gaming console since my PS2, like 10 years ago.
    11-15-2013 10:37 PM
    Have a Ps3 for now. Wish I could get a Xbox one, but short on funds. Hopefully Christmas if I'm extremely lucky!
    11-15-2013 11:03 PM
    I had an XB for a day before i sold it off because it came free with my MSI GT60 which is my primary gaming rig.
    11-15-2013 11:04 PM
    I have Lumia 520.
    I am a gamer and have ps2 thinking of buying xboxone but it is 50% less powerful than ps4 so I am confused to which one for go.
    as xboxone is having much more multimedia facility then ps4.
    as both have the same price ₹40,000 in India which is far high than the official price in US.
    the rate with current currency exchange is
    Price of xboxone in US:$499= ₹31,437.
    Price of ps4 in US:$399= ₹25,137.
    I dont know why they both are so costly In India.
    11-15-2013 11:05 PM
    @Skyrocker007 - For heaven's sake people, PS4 is not 50% faster than XB1. It does not translate like that in real world performance. Yes, theoretically PS4 is slightly more powerful than XB1 (though not 50%). But, real world performance depends on a lot of things including mainly the management of available resources. My opinion is both will have more or less similar performances in real world just like last gen.

However XB1 offers a lot more than just gaming. You will get your moneys worth more in XB1 than PS4. That said you have to watch out for the exclusives on both consoles. Whatever strikes as better exclusives that suit you, you should purchase that console.
    11-15-2013 11:24 PM
    So far the poll is showing 75% of people only have a WP device and 3/4 of the Xbox owners got one independently of the gaming integration.

This is a far cry from these "millions" of people I've seen quoted that jumped to WP because of Xbox.
    No offense but the only one I see claiming millions of people is you. For those into gaming (not me) integration is an added bonus. For others, including me, it is absolutely irrelevant. It is cross platform capabilities that is a plus for me, not one element (i.e. gaming). Even if someone were to claim millions of people, so what? Every company is the market stretches the truth in their advertising.
    11-16-2013 12:56 AM
    I owned the first gen Xbox.

I want a Xbox 360 so I can play G.O.W. and Guardian Heroes
    11-16-2013 01:35 AM
    No xbox here, that had no bearing on me wanting a WP. I do very little console gaming. I used to do more, still have an old ps2 and a few fav games, but rarely touch it.
    11-16-2013 01:40 AM
    Never owned a xbox.
    11-16-2013 02:24 AM
    I've been a PC gamer for a couple of decades, but only bought an Xbox 360 maybe six years ago. I did not get a WP device because of the integration with the Xbox, but brand loyalty did have something to do with it (plus Android was working my nerve at the time). My brand loyalty and commitment to the PC will prevent me from ever buying an Apple product. I did buy a PS3 a couple of years ago.
    11-16-2013 02:42 AM
    I don't own a current gen console. I own a PS1 and PS2 but don't use them anymore. I primarily game on PC.

The biggest draw of WP for me was the integration of the products and services I use (like office, skydrive and fb/twitter integration) as well as the fact I liked the UI.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    11-16-2013 04:34 AM
    I have a PS3 and I had it before windows phone even came out, I'm probably gonna buy a PS4 next year too because all my friends are on PSN.
    11-16-2013 05:09 AM
    I have zero interest in consoles or even gaming in any form. I'll never even look at an Xbox or any other console.

Hey Laura, always enjoy your input, quick question, just curious, when looking at consoles regardless of manufacture do you see them as a "gaming" tool mostly and since you don't game they have no appeal or value to you? In my eyes that was true with the first gen of consoles, the second gen was still basically a gaming tool with "added" functionality but still basically made for gaming, however the new gen especially the Xbox One has started to diverge from being just a gaming console to being more of an entertainment console, with its new capability's a person could actually save quite a bit of money when creating there home entertainment environment, for example, a person could replace spending the extra dollars on buying a tv with internet capability's as well as replace a BluRay player and for some who only use a home based computer for email and social web interaction replace it with a console like an Xbox One, this would in theory save a consumer quite a bit of money as well as make their living rooms a lot more functional and user friendly, some of the biggest gripes of die hard Xbox fans is that the new X1 sacrificed some of its gaming strength to broaden its entertainment value, in other words it made a console that was more centered on user interaction rather than gaming, IMO i think the X1 should appeal to people who DON'T game but would love to be able to sit on the couch and watch a movie or sports event with a friend using Skype, or watch a sports event and have the fantasy stream live on their screens. I was just curious since your a non gamer if you would consider a device like the X1 for its over all entertainment and social interaction ability regardless of the fact it can play games.
    11-16-2013 06:38 AM
    I don't have an Xbox.
    11-16-2013 07:13 AM
    If I would own an Xbox I would most certainly neither care about achievements, nor about Xbox branded games on Windows Phone. But I don't and I'd also choose an PS4 over an Xbox One if I'd buy a console in the near future.
    11-16-2013 08:56 AM
88 1234