How to retrieve backed up msgs

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You do have an id on outlook.com. It's the email address/password for your main Microsoft Account on your phone.

Unfortunately, your sms messages are gone permanently. When they're deleted from your phone, they're also deleted from the synchronised copy on outlook.com (if you have sms backup turned on).

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
sorry but i am not getting any related thread to post my doubt. i wanted to know how i can backup any of my games specially paid games?

abradshaw1

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm also trying to retrieve deleted messages. Did we figure out anything? For legal reasons I need to look at a thread. I'm pretty desperate.

adamhouston

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
For a while it was possible to click on the Messaging History and then fiddle with the URL to actually see, edit and delete your backed up SMS messages. And any changes would sync back to your phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/213500-4.htm

They have unfortunately removed this from the web live.com or outlook.com sites. I am hoping that Microsoft brings it back as an official feature once they are done more fully integrating WP, Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype, etc... It would definitely be complementary to the personalized cloud strategy they are trying to pursue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99