11-18-2013 09:13 AM
57 123
tools
    Everyone keeps talking about other storage like it hasn't been resolved yet... GDR3 is easily obtained by "developers", becoming a "developer" is trivial, and there is no such thing as other storage in gdr3...
    Actually "Other Storage" does exist in GDR3, it's renamed "Temporary Files". It also takes time to empty it, a lot longer than it should I might add!!
    11-18-2013 08:39 AM
    Without getting into a discussion about that, it would appear GDR3 doesn't fix things, though I haven't been able to get a clear answer as to what people do with their phones that may cause the large other storage.
    By "other" do they mean lots of "temporary files"? As there is no more "other" section. And I can always eliminate the temporary storage in gdr3.
    11-18-2013 08:40 AM
    If all of us with sd cards move to android platform, there will be no windows phone. We will welcome you when you are forced to come over. Until then maybe just humor us.
    If WP8.1 is a disappointment I will be moving to Android. I'm not going be on here moaning about it. Trust me. Nothing against WP or MS, I just don't believe in loyalty on the scale where I have to fight for everything I want.

There's a saying, actions speak louder than words. I'm sure MS has got the message that people are not 100% happy with WP so if they screw up they have no one to blame but themselves.

That's my point behind all this. What I'm getting at is, be happy with your device of choice. If it's not working for you than start looking at alternatives. If WP8.1 doesn't fix your issues it may be time to move. Simple. I'm not unhappy with WP but it's not 100% for me, probably nothing is.
    11-18-2013 08:52 AM
    By "other" do they mean lots of "temporary files"? As there is no more "other" section. And I can always eliminate the temporary storage in gdr3.
    It's not clear what 'Other files' are. They're not temporary files. That's something different. I believe, though I'm not 100% sure, that Other files may be sandboxed files not recognized by WP from apps. Which is why they show up as 'Other'. However I'm not certain that's the 'only' cause.
    11-18-2013 08:55 AM
    If WP8.1 is a disappointment I will be moving to Android. I'm not going be on here moaning about it. Trust me. Nothing against WP or MS, I just don't believe in loyalty on the scale where I have to fight for everything I want.

There's a saying, actions speak louder than words. I'm sure MS has got the message that people are not 100% happy with WP so if they screw up they have no one to blame but themselves.

That's my point behind all this. What I'm getting at is, be happy with your device of choice. If it's not working for you than start looking at alternatives. If WP8.1 doesn't fix your issues it may be time to move. Simple. I'm not unhappy with WP but it's not 100% for me, probably nothing is.
    I don't understand what your point is. All we are doing is complaining about something that we want MS to fix so we can continue enjoying their product and supporting their business. All of us want to like WP8, and this is why we are complaining. You yourself even seem to be supporting our complaints; SD cards on WP8 are poorly implemented, MS shouldn't have made devices with low storage, etc. So I don't understand why you are upset with us for voicing our opinions.

It's much better than your solution of not complaining and switching to Android. How would MS know what they could do to improve if all of us were to do that?
    11-18-2013 09:00 AM
    I don't understand what your point is. All we are doing is complaining about something that we want MS to fix so we can continue enjoying their product and supporting their business. All of us want to like WP8, and this is why we are complaining. You yourself even seem to be supporting our complaints; SD cards on WP8 are poorly implemented, MS shouldn't have made devices with low storage, etc. So I don't understand why you are upset with us for voicing our opinions.

It's much better than your solution of not complaining and switching to Android. How would MS know what they could do to improve if all of us were to do that?
    MS would know if you moaned on MS forums more than WPCentral.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-18-2013 09:08 AM
    11-18-2013 09:13 AM
57 123