GOOGLE websites are Slow

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Any body noticed that the google websites like (YOUTUBE) are slow in IE11 recently?

I think google is trying to F Microsoft again

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Don't use any Google services, so I can't tell. Wouldn't be surprised if Google would pull yet another stunt towards MS though...

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup, when I'd open YouTube I would get the "not responding" message. I couldn't do anything on the page. Sometimes refreshing would help.
The best solution I found was to just search videos through Bing. That way I still get YouTube and also get to stick it to Google haha

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just for balance - maybe Microsoft have deliberately or through incompetence crippied IE11 for Google sites?

Its very easy for a website to query the browser string, and provide different behaviour for different browsers (it happens all the time for mobile vs computer browsers)

I would be very supprised if Microsoft had any Google specific code in their browser. That's not to say Google havnt hit a bad bit of code in IE11. That said, i would expect the problem to be far more widespread, if it was an IE11 problem.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Have any of those having issues with Google stuff turned on "Tracing Protection" in IE? I've just found that if you turn it off when going to Goggle owned sited things load up quickly.

But using Firefox with Adblock Plus still loads the sites the fastest.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Have any of those having issues with Google stuff turned on "Tracing Protection" in IE? I've just found that if you turn it off when going to Goggle owned sited things load up quickly.

But using Firefox with Adblock Plus still loads the sites the fastest.

Thanks!!! I have all google block on

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
No way I don't want to be Scroogled again

And I thought that kind of advertising had no effect!
So I understand why you don't want to use Chrome. But why not Firefox or Opera?
However, I guess you don't use any Google services so this isn't a problem for you anyway.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
And I thought that kind of advertising had no effect!
So I understand why you don't want to use Chrome. But why not Firefox or Opera?
However, I guess you don't use any Google services so this isn't a problem for you anyway.

The only google service that I use is Youtube... FireFox sucks on Windows 8... IE11 is almost perfect

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786