are Microsoft Gift cards sold in Jordan?

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
disclaimer: i know this forum maybe the wrong choice for this thread, i dont think market place is suitable either :S , so here goes :)..feel free to move it
===
im tired of online banking in Jordan, its a nightmare :(
anyone knows where can i find the cards in Jordan? i know they are still brand new in the USA let alone Jordan, but.. maybe :)?

thanks

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
well, i just did, chatted online with one of their agents..
he wasnt too sure, but it seems that each gift card will be locked to its region

his words:
They are per the local currency for which they're meant.

so even if there are official Jordanian cards(highly doubt it), they will be quiet useless to me , since my region is set to US(like almost anyone sane here :D).

there are itunes and andriod gift cards sold here, i dont know how they manage that , should check.. maybe they are US cards sold by third party, .. that would be exactly what i im looking for :(

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
i live in Jordan, and the way i buy apps, is by getting an online anonymous card from the bank that you usually work with. that doesnt work with you?

they cost 7Jds (from Housing Bank), and each time you re-charge your card, you pay 3jds, i only charged it for once, used it all year round.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah, few banks offer anonymous cards, they are alot more convenient, and less fuss to worry about...
but with one catch, u actually have to be a Jordanian..

are you not? (i never tried the Housing Bank, which is 100 meters away from my home :D )

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
actually i am a Jordanian, therefore i dont know about this requirement of such card (i just went filled a form and got one right away, got activated withing two days), although i dont really think so, because the card isnt attached to an account at the bank, hence the name "Anonymous Card"

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
well thats how it is, in every bank i visited
HOWEVER! i just went to the the Housing bank, requirements are just a passport, no account, no nationality, no nothing, just passport
i already have the card in my hands, awaiting activation(within 24 hours)
if i was a girl, i'd kiss u now ... seriously, u have no idea how much pain i suffered for online transactions(not limited to WP..)

thanks again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077