Apps not launching

SaladMandrake

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I am using a 620. Earlier I was trying to update my apps, the phone warned me about low storage space. After that, most of the apps in my phone no longer launches. I have to manually reinstall them for them to work properly. But there is only so much that I can reinstall, since certain system functions like Storage Check, extras+info, Feedback to Nokia etc also failed to launch, and I can't uninstall those apps in order to reinstall them.

Is there any better solution for this problem?

Last edited:

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I am using a 620. Earlier I was trying to update my apps, the phone warned me about low storage space. After that, most of the apps in my phone no longer launches. I have to manually reinstall them for them to work properly. But there is so much I can reinstall, since certain system functions like Storage Check, extras+info, Feedback to Nokia etc also failed to launch, and I can't uninstall those apps in order to reinstall them.

Is there any better solution for this problem?

goto settings->about and reset your phone, let us know if it helps

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That is going to reset my personal contents as well?

well yes, but I dont see any other option, take a backup of your stuff and bite the bullet. I tried checking "sysapp pusher", it doesnt have a reinstall option, but you can use it to manually update.

We used to have a reinstaller app but that is broken and hence discontinued from marketplace.

SaladMandrake

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Rebooting is the first thing I tried. =( Also tried removing battery.

Anyway, factory reset seems quite excessive.

Btw, do you guys know how to lock screen rotation/orientation? It was such a basic function I thought WP8 would have it.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting is the first thing I tried. =( Also tried removing battery.

Anyway, factory reset seems quite excessive.

Btw, do you guys know how to lock screen rotation/orientation? It was such a basic function I thought WP8 would have it.

What is the major concern regd data loss?, photos music etc or contacts msgs or anything else?

SaladMandrake

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The concern is not just about data loss, its about the time and effort needed to restore my phone to what it was before the problem strikes. Those functions that I can't access are not really a bother for the time being.

It's like formatting a computer just because there is a folder with undeletable files.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium