New app to be rally for as a community??

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Now that Instagram is here, what should be our new goal? Besides an official Dropbox app, none comes to mind.. Bear in mind that it has to be an app that would draw the most users.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Keep pressing Blackberry for BBM. Knowing BB, when they say weeks, they means 6 months...

I've had 2 BB's and their tablet, I can say that. 😃

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Some complaints I've seen:

*Fast food apps like McDonalds (heard one person ******** about not being able to get a free milkshake weekly)
*Candy Crush (stupid game but it makes hundreds of millions in profit and would make it easy for some people to switch)
*More banking support
*Apps for the major cable companies
*Apps for car insurance companies

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
?SoundCloud
?Snapchat
?Youtube

Personally I don't need them, because there is Audiocloud, myTube and I don't use snapchat... but it would attract new people to Windows Phone.

+ of course: updates updates updates to official apps yet available. Vine, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram, Tapatalk etc.

Edit:
?Facebook Messenger.
I'm fine with built-in Facebook message hub, and I really love it, but again - It would be great to see another important app available.;)

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
?SoundCloud
?Snapchat
?Youtube

Personally I don't need them, because there is Audiocloud, myTube and I don't use snapchat... but it would attract new people to Windows Phone.

+ of course: updates updates updates to official apps yet available. Vine, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram, Tapatalk etc.

Edit:
?Facebook Messenger.
I'm fine with built-in Facebook message hub, and I really love it, but again - It would be great to see another important app available.;)

The Amazon app is in dire need to be updated. Facebook beta too, as it (and the normal version) are so sluggish.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As said already, it's not the apps anymore. It's the system itself.
At first (when I bought my first serious smartphone) I tought apps was all I need, later I realised it's not.
But if we're talking about apps I have to say I'm preety satisfied as there are a lot of official apps and WP is finally getting some respect.
Other than maybe a few games, I don't need any more apps, I only need these apps that we have now to be updated, fixed and fully-featured.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
As said already, it's not the apps anymore. It's the system itself.
At first (when I bought my first serious smartphone) I tought apps was all I need, later I realised it's not.
But if we're talking about apps I have to say I'm preety satisfied as there are a lot of official apps and WP is finally getting some respect.
Other than maybe a few games, I don't need any more apps, I only need these apps that we have now to be updated, fixed and fully-featured.

You do have a point about apps. Personally I have so many friggin apps it's ridiculous. Half of them I still haven't gotten around to testing out yet lol. What i'm really waiting on are some feature updates to WP that I would utilize on a daily basis. Location aware reminders is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge feature on my want list.

And after 3 friggin years on windows phone.... WHY IS THERE NO BUILT IN STOPWATCH/TIMER YET??? I hate all the 3rd party options with a passion (I've tried lots). I use a timer multiple times a day for various tasks (I cook a lot), and I sorely miss the built in one that I used to have in my iPhone 3 years ago. It's one of those small, seemingly insignificant things that makes switching painful. I've tried various timers over the years since mango's release, but I've found them all lacking in one way or another, and their not very accurate over long periods of time either, or I have to be careful about not accidently closing them.

Built in Timer/stop watch
Location aware reminders (combine this with cortana pls)
Separate volume controls (I've heard this feature complained about a lot)

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You do have a point about apps. Personally I have so many friggin apps it's ridiculous. Half of them I still haven't gotten around to testing out yet lol. What i'm really waiting on are some feature updates to WP that I would utilize on a daily basis. Location aware reminders is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge feature on my want list.

And after 3 friggin years on windows phone.... WHY IS THERE NO BUILT IN STOPWATCH/TIMER YET??? I hate all the 3rd party options with a passion (I've tried lots). I use a timer multiple times a day for various tasks (I cook a lot), and I sorely miss the built in one that I used to have in my iPhone 3 years ago. It's one of those small, seemingly insignificant things that makes switching painful. I've tried various timers over the years since mango's release, but I've found them all lacking in one way or another, and their not very accurate over long periods of time either, or I have to be careful about not accidently closing them.

Built in Timer/stop watch
Location aware reminders (combine this with cortana pls)
Separate volume controls (I've heard this feature complained about a lot)

Have you seen the Win8.1 Alarm app? It has timers n everything and tbh I expected WP to already have it, so now I'm kinda disappointed. But WP may get it in 8.1.
I agree, it's the little things that can make you happy or **** you off completely.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
All I want is a Barclays Banking app and a William Hill app, but there's quite a few apps that are still missing that would make WP8 a more attractive platform. Things like Sky Go, Snapchat etc.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
There are lots of apps still missing that maybe aren't as far reaching as stuff like Instagram, but still show there's a long way to go for many areas. Things like Square and other similar mobile payment services for small business owners (or large ones that want/need mobility). Stuff like Gamechanger real-time scorekeeping app for Baseball/Softball events that is huge for those involved with Little Leagues, Travel Ball leagues, School leagues, and Softball leagues everywhere. It's the go to app for that niche. The momentum is definitely increasing and I think we will see more and more of these kinds of things in the coming year both on Windows and WP so I have high hopes. More so than a year ago. I hope 8.1 will bring enough to give it an even bigger push forward and bring even more to the platform faster than ever.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I want Valve to develop a Steam app for WP. Honestly, that's the only app that I desperately wish existed on WP.

I doubt that will happen any time soon. Gabe Newell seems to have a raging hate-on for all things Windows at the moment.

Dhaval Thakur

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Now that most of the official apps have arrived most people use games on their smartphones so need games like subway surfers,gta vice city ,gta 3 ,candy crush,hill climb racing,snap chat, bbm,google apps

i think there is still lot to go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss