Stop Skydrive downloading files

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This may not help you if you don't want the specific computers to even see the metadata, but if you set the skydrive folder in explorer's properties from "Offline" to whatever the other setting is, it won't actually sync the files to the computer, only the metadata. It's pretty cool.

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can stop Skydrive sync all together but I would like the option to Sync my metadata but not my files . I think with Windows 8 and 8.1 the integration has stopped this option.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I can stop Skydrive sync all together but I would like the option to Sync my metadata but not my files . I think with Windows 8 and 8.1 the integration has stopped this option.

It's definitely still there. Click on the skydrive folder in explorer, go to properties, and change the "Offline" setting to the other option (I can't remember what it's called because my Surface is at home).

-E

Mark Dart

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely still there. Click on the skydrive folder in explorer, go to properties, and change the "Offline" setting to the other option (I can't remember what it's called because my Surface is at home).

-E
Yes I did see it after I changed to details view in explorer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05