No Amber after phone reset?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I reset my Lumia 822 due to ongoing camera roll duplication problems and now it seems I can't update back to Amber. I don't have any of the Amber features. I saw another thread indicating that if you updated Here Drive and Here Maps the update would show up. I tried that and got nowhere. Anyone have any suggestions? This is the software version I have OS VERSION: 8.0.10327.77. I saw something that indicates that this is the correct version number for Amber, but if that is so why don't I have any of the Amber features I previously had? Thanks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Amber is still there. As a firmware update, it won't disappear when you hard reset the OS. What happened here is that those Nokia "Settings" apps (glance, touch, display, and so forth), DO go away. But not to fear - they will come back. Personally, I've seen them come back as much as a day later. But you can get around that by using an app like SysApp Pusher.
SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Go through the list and install or update the apps that are missing and you'll be all good. There may be one or two that don't come back by themselves, IIRC, but anything that is there and can be updated will, even if you leave it alone. If you use SysApp Pusher, you'll be golden.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Amber is still there. As a firmware update, it won't disappear when you hard reset the OS. What happened here is that those Nokia "Settings" apps (glance, touch, display, and so forth), DO go away. But not to fear - they will come back. Personally, I've seen them come back as much as a day later. But you can get around that by using an app like SysApp Pusher.
SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Go through the list and install or update the apps that are missing and you'll be all good. There may be one or two that don't come back by themselves, IIRC, but anything that is there and can be you leave it alone. If you use SysApp Pusher, you'll be golden.
Thanks for the reply. That did the trick. I couldn't update any of the system apps directly through the store. I didn't think it would roll all the way back but I wasn't sure about the version number and all features missing just seemed odd. But now I know. Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb