Weather app (Microsoft) problem

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Microsoft Weather app since I got my phone, and now suddenly my tile just shows "---" and going into it gives me "Not available."

It's only for my town, though, and a few others nearby. My current location (the office) works just fine.

Any idea who MS uses for weather data? Believe it or not, it doesn't seem to be Bing because THAT app is working just fine.

Oh btw this is kind of funny. The app also tells me that the humidity is currently, and I quote, "-2147483648%." Apparently, I can start a fire by blinking. :D

Anyway, is this just me? Anyone else lose their town's weather data?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has its own web service to publish weather data which it obtained somewhere else. The problem is that sometimes a local weather info collection is incomplete and the simple apps that dependent on the data may not work correctly because it receives incomplete data. I saw it happened a couple times in my location but typically will correct itself shortly after. Many 3rd party weather apps (Android, iOS and WP) actually all use this web service because it is open and free to access by anyone (for now).

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I see. Pretty odd that they don't use the same data service for Bing! :D

I'll just keep the tile pinned and hope someone kicks that weather station soon.

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs