People Hub Showing Non-Friend Posts

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I noticed the past few days that my People Hub is showing tons of posts from people I'm not friends with. They're all posts onto friends' walls, but I often have 10-20 consecutive posts from people I don't know wishing a Happy Birthday to people I do know.

Am I missing an easy setting to disable this that somehow got flipped on? It really diminishes the usefulness of the app to have to scroll through that much gibberish.

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue-- I used to get only notifications from my own threads on FB (cool with that), now I'm getting notifications for ALL posts on threads that I post on.. (don't necessarily need that)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Its natural, nothing fishy there ;)
The people hub is bound to show your friend's wall and contents that is posted by randomly haunted souls on your friends wall.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Its natural, nothing fishy there ;)
The people hub is bound to show your friend's wall and contents that is posted by randomly haunted souls on your friends wall.

But that's new. Neither WP7 did that, nor has WP8 done that in the past. Or, at the very least, it's showing more now. I'll have 15 or 20 posts in a row to scroll through, which is an entire load, of people I don't know wishing happy birthday to someone I do know that I haven't interacted with in years.

Previously, it only showed updates made by friends, not updates made to friends. Frankly, showing me every single "Happy Birthday" post to a friend makes the app useless. An enormous chunk of Facebook activity is just happy birthday wishes, which is not what I want to see on a dashboard.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you recieved an email from Facebook that they are making changes? I did.

Hey guys,

I noticed the past few days that my People Hub is showing tons of posts from people I'm not friends with. They're all posts onto friends' walls, but I often have 10-20 consecutive posts from people I don't know wishing a Happy Birthday to people I do know.

Am I missing an easy setting to disable this that somehow got flipped on? It really diminishes the usefulness of the app to have to scroll through that much gibberish.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I was just about to post about this. I notice it happening in my Facebook Beta app as well as the people hub. I wonder if this is normal or not. We can't be sure since Facebook doesn't have an official windows phone app :'(

HTPCdrmr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
But that's new. Neither WP7 did that, nor has WP8 done that in the past. Or, at the very least, it's showing more now. I'll have 15 or 20 posts in a row to scroll through, which is an entire load, of people I don't know wishing happy birthday to someone I do know that I haven't interacted with in years.

Previously, it only showed updates made by friends, not updates made to friends. Frankly, showing me every single "Happy Birthday" post to a friend makes the app useless. An enormous chunk of Facebook activity is just happy birthday wishes, which is not what I want to see on a dashboard.

This is definitely new and EXTREMELY annoying! In fact if I login to FB on the web or the W8.1 FB app it DOES NOT show any of these posts. I had 3 friend's b'days today and had over 150 random birthday wishes show up in my newsfeed in the People Hub. This makes me think its a problem with WP8 as it is also happening on the WP8 FB app. This needs to get fixed ASAP, I'm about to throw my phone across the room.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
They definitely changed something. My wife is all of a sudden getting tons of Happy birthday comments from friends to other people. VERY ANNOYING!!! Make sure to go to the FB feedback page from within the app. Someone has already started a complaint about this.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely new and EXTREMELY annoying! In fact if I login to FB on the web or the W8.1 FB app it DOES NOT show any of these posts. I had 3 friend's b'days today and had over 150 random birthday wishes show up in my newsfeed in the People Hub. This makes me think its a problem with WP8 as it is also happening on the WP8 FB app. This needs to get fixed ASAP, I'm about to throw my phone across the room.
Unfortunately, they are showing up in the news feed in the People app for Windows 8 :/

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I opened a thread on Microsoft community forums , i got redirected to Facebook , it seems its their fault!

Last edited:

realwill

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
If you happen to hear anything vinscg, let us know! It's absolutely horrible on days where contacts with massive friends lists have birthdays.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I think This problem got solved, it was a Facebook issue
Edit: or not ... Still se a bunch of birthday wishes

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos