Issue with NFC

GianniVM

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just recently got a Nokia Lumia 928 from Verizon. I've put some apps on it, done some customization, this site has been really useful in terms of helping me sort out questions and curiosities I had about the phone. Today I got the official Nokia wireless charging stand in the mail, the one with NFC capabilities. I switch tap+send on and tapped the stand, but what I got was a message saying "You need an app to do this." with a button to search the windows store for apps. Then, when I click it, it takes me to the windows store with a message saying "Sorry, no apps found." The stand is indeed however charging the phone just fine.

I installed Nokia NFC Writer and some other NFC writer to try to write something to the NFC tag in the base, but they wouldn't do it, whenever they said "tap to start writing", I would tap, the same message would pop up, and they would never write the tag.

Am I missing something here, or is something wrong with my phone?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131122_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131122_0001.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20131122_0002.png
    wp_ss_20131122_0002.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 3

GianniVM

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean, I can't see any settings beyond an on and off switch. That's the thing, I feel like I'm missing something. Perhaps, might you direct me to it?

GianniVM

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to figure it out sooner rather than later, as if there's something wrong with my device, perhaps the store might exchange it or something.

dsdmarin

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
Not sure what wireless charger you have? FYI the wireless charger is usually just a charger. Nothing to do with NFC. It uses q1 technology to wirelessly charge your phone. NFC is usually used to transfer data between two phones.. pictures. Contacts...etc
As long as your phone Is charging I think all is good...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb