Remove GDR3 Update

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Good question, someone here did but I don't think it's easy, if I find it I'll post a link to the thread.

Q: what don't you like about it that you want to go back before installing it ?

garyjk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
in my case, after gdr2 and the developer version of gdr3, my battery life went form 1 or 2 days to 4-5 days. just hours after installing Verizon's gdr3 update, my battery is draining terribly.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
in my case, after gdr2 and the developer version of gdr3, my battery life went form 1 or 2 days to 4-5 days. just hours after installing Verizon's gdr3 update, my battery is draining terribly.

I was asking Scornt the poster of the thread.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I hate to be that guy...but what does NSU do then? I've used NSU many times to go back to the stock rom.
Do you mean NCS/ Nokia Care Suite ?

Maybe it does remove GDR3 but it's Nokia Software Updater for Retail (NSU) and it didn't for me.

I connect and it says there is an update available but it's just Amber/GDR2, which I already have,

so I download it again anyway and it didn't remove GDR3.

So what did I do wrong ?

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
With Nokia Software Updater for Retail, you can flash your phone ti the latest available one for your product code. Nokia Care Suite, and it's various tools, allows you to flash various available firmware's to a Nokia device. Using both, you remove and update fw in your device. With the original OP using a HTC, I don't think these programs will work. That said, I did have a problem with GDR3, removed by reflashing and updating again using first NCS ti remove, then updated OTA and added Dev Preview back. Been working fine since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb