Why do some treat WP 8 as inferior compare to other OS? Pay apps vs free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Well,
WP app market already reach 190000 apps and soon it will reach 200000.
Some apps comes late on WP .so not a big problem because atleast it comes.

My question is their are lots of apps which are free on other platform but paid on WP. Why?
Why WP user have to pay for similar apps which Android users get it free?

and thing which most disappoint me is that even our Mobile Nation do the same thing.
Their app is free for all other OS except Window Phone. Why?
I know it's also available free but I am talking about quality here. The quality Mobile Nation offer free to other OS , we are getting it paid why?
(Please don't start thing that WPCentral app is better than Android Central or other mobile nation apps, before you comment this thing check YouTube videos and other sources because all apps are offering similar thing just UI is different)

Are you guys Ok with it that We have to paid for similar app which other get it free?

Last edited by a moderator:

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why everyone treat WP 8 as inferior compare to other OS?

I'd guess it has to do with the number of users on the platform and the ability to draw revenue from ads or not.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Jay puts in his good bit of time into this app. This is his job. He chose to make it .99? because he made it. You get full function in trial. Why would you complain? Are there ads in the other mobile nations apps? Well I paid $1 and no ads. If you can deal with ads, cool. If you like the app, SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER! It is not cheap to upkeep. So on that note, a lot of free apps have ADS EVERYWHERE. We have an option to get rid of them. Stop the whining about people wanting small support for their work. It is theirs to decide what they charge.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

but other Mobile Nation apps are free and their are no ads.
How they are earning money???

and one more thing Blackberry also have free Mobile Nation app and as far as we know WP is now 3rd largest platform.
So, still it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

Read my post again troylytle.
I don't have problem to pay apps.
What I am asking here is that Why only WP user have to pay for Mobile Nation apps and other don't.
Their apps are also developed by developers. They have also done hard work yet their apps are totally free full feature app bu and WP users have to same app which can do same thing.
I don't like every developer treat WP as inferior to others. Why WP can't be treat like others?
Are all greedy developers are here on WP or what?

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Where do you see greed? Why do you care that the app is free on other platforms? A man worked for that app and he considers it normal to be paid. Do you work for free? Do you spend your time going and digging other people gardens for free? Work is work and must be monetized. If some decide not to do it's their prerogative.
And stop comparing apps on different platform based on price. You can't know the business details. Maybe the app for android version was paid by mobile nations maybe not. But please stop asking for free. You will not like if people will start asking you to go bring their newspaper everyday for free

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Dude, I am not asking for apps for free.
I am asking for reason why WP users have to pay for similar quality apps which other OS like Android, Blackberry and iOS are getting free?
Why WP get inferior quality apps?
Why most of developers even our Mobile nation is biased towards WP?

and please do not post relevant comment. , i am not asking for free apps, I am here to ask what makes this app paid for WP and free for others..

I gladly purchase Rayman Jungle because I know it's worth it but I can't stand with idea that people around me getting similar app free and I am paying for same.
I may not understand business but I do understand apps and it's quality. But you do not understand what I am asking here
I am consumer and I have right to know about apps before buying it, it has nothing to do with understanding business.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

and thing which most disappoint me is that even our Mobile Nation do the same thing.
Their app is free for all other OS except Window Phone. Why?
I know it's also available free but I am talking about quality here. The quality Mobile Nation offer free to other OS , we are getting it paid why?

The WP version is not an official app. It is developed by a 3rd party. The iOS & Android versions are 1st party (official) developed by Mobile Nations. That's why they're free and the WP version isn't. Now as to the reason that Mobile Nations doesn't provide a WP app, sorry, I can't help you there!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

The WP version is not an official app. It is developed by a 3rd party. The iOS & Android versions are 1st party (official) developed by Mobile Nations. That's why they're free and the WP version isn't. Now as to the reason that Mobile Nations doesn't provide a WP app, sorry, I can't help you there!

Have a look at the description for the WPCentral app on the store, it IS the official app!!

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

WP8 cannot handle an MP3 library properly and this is shameful. Especially when you know that the first hardware MP3 player came out in 1997. WP8 is in beta stage as I see it.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/205464-duplicate-songs-when-sd-card.html

Turn off Cloud access that fixes this issue.

@troylytle The duplicate music issue has nothing to do with ads, the cloud music shouldn't show up when the tracks are added to the locally stored music.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

This is exactly why your comment should not be here. You are confusing people and yourself.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Does WP have WeHartIt, Subway Surfers, Plants vs Zombies 2, - insert all iOS hot games - ? Does it? No.

Therefore, WP sucks. I admit it. It sucks. I would get an Android just to play the stupid **** games but then again I hate Android.

I told these Kilooțs bastards that I will pay $3 for their stupid game. Even suggested to make a KickStarter Project. FK I am so mad :crying:

CypherZ

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I had android. And those games suck. I rather have a stable os than a bunch of stupid games. Android Will never be stable.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Does WP have WeHartIt, Subway Surfers, Plants vs Zombies 2, - insert all iOS hot games - ? Does it? No.

Therefore, WP sucks. I admit it. It sucks. I would get an Android just to play the stupid **** games but then again I hate Android.

I told these Kilooțs bastards that I will pay $3 for their stupid game. Even suggested to make a KickStarter Project. FK I am so mad :crying:

That's not WP. That's developers. I hope you don't truly like those games. You just told their developers they suck.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Wow, you need to calm down. Its not that serious, lol. If you want games so much, maybe you should invest in a gaming console/tablet. Games are cumbersome on small screens and if you get a w8 tablet, you can enjoy flash games that no other IOS or android tablet can play.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Wow, you need to calm down. Its not that serious, lol. If you want games so much, maybe you should invest in a gaming console/tablet. Games are cumbersome on small screens and if you get a w8 tablet, you can enjoy flash games that no other IOS or android tablet can play.
Eh excuse me but I am fed up with watching my friends play GOOD Graphics game while I play *ehem*. Now do not tell me to get an Android because I hate them and iPhones are way too expensive.
Thus, I am waiting for iPad Mini 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett