SIM card swap Windows 8 Phone

Bob_M

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello:

Is it possible to swap a sim card on a new Nokia phones for international travel. Something from Verizon would be ideal. Thanks for the help, Bob

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
From what I can tell looking the specs any WP8 phone on Verizon will work internationally. But you'll need an unlocked phone to swap out SIM cards.

Bob_M

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
From what I can tell looking the specs any WP8 phone on Verizon will work internationally. But you'll need an unlocked phone to swap out SIM cards.
I will call Verizon about the unlocking, but I do have a question on the sim cards. It seems the sim card in my phone is smaller than what is in my colleagues BB. Will I be able to find a sim card that fits the 822? How many different sizes do these come in? thanks for any information.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's LTE phones are all SIM unlocked already. There are a variety of SIM sizes, I believe the 822 is a micro like my 928. My old Trophy and Z6c had mini size SIMs. I did need an unlock code for them as they were just 3G (the LTE phones are unlocked due to FCC conditions on an auction VZW won).

You can also cut down SIMs or get adapters to size up, but I expect you won't have any trouble finding a micro-SIM for your phone over there. Download the Access Point software before you go, should help you connect.

Hope this helps.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's LTE phones are all SIM unlocked already. There are a variety of SIM sizes, I believe the 822 is a micro like my 928. My old Trophy and Z6c had mini size SIMs. I did need an unlock code for them as they were just 3G (the LTE phones are unlocked due to FCC conditions on an auction VZW won).

You can also cut down SIMs or get adapters to size up, but I expect you won't have any trouble finding a micro-SIM for your phone over there. Download the Access Point software before you go, should help you connect.

Hope this helps.
Thank you.

To add to your answer, yes, Verizon's LTE phones are all unlocked now - assuming, that is, they have GSM radios (all of the current ones do). I'm not sure if reading 47 CFR 27.16 (e) by a lawyer means that Verizon's LTE phones have to have GSM radios, but I know I'm happy to see that the ones they have do, and hope they continue this... I'm still working on getting a Lumia 822 that I gave to my step-daughter to work on Straight Talk, but at this point all is working except the receiving of MMS. Hopefully I'll get that sorted soon, but for now she is glad to be back on Windows Phone.

frizodanizzo

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Depending on the network, who you're using for cellular service right now, and if your phone is locked or unlocked. usually the carrier will give you an unlock code if you explain oh hey, I'm leaving the country can i get help with unlocking ? that's if it is locked..... i have ran a blackberry storm 2 off of the sim card slot in a verizon phone before, then ran it on T mobile for a short time when they had unlimited minutes for a prepaid plan.... They used to come locked so i cant say if they do or don't anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo