If Windows phone is a fail, then what is Chrome OS?

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It's always interesting to hear Android fanboys yell about how great Chromebooks are and how pathetic Windows Phone 8 is, even with somewhere around 10 percent marketshare in Western European markets, and about 4 percent in the US. Meanwhile, Chrome OS controls 25 percent of sub $300 (Dying) laptop sales, and is a browser with a keyboard. So how do we contrast these? Is Chrome OS a bigger success than Windows Phone or vice versa to you?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
its different. its google of course

/s
anyways, I've seen more Windows Phones than Chromebooks. I've seen like, 3 of them (RIP one of them), whereas I've seen around 6 give or take WP's

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The real issue is that there shouldn't be a divide like this. You can actually like both and not be a traitor to MS or Google! lol I actually own a Chromebook, and it does what I want from it very well.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The real issue is that there shouldn't be a divide like this. You can actually like both and not be a traitor to MS or Google! lol I actually own a Chromebook, and it does what I want from it very well.

true, a more apt parallel would be comparing Chromebooks and RT devices.

welp here I am on both sides of the fence, that's not illegal is it?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, when people go computer shopping, the Google rep hangs around the computer section like a dam vulture, then swoops in and steals them from the laptop area and says "you know what would work better for you...". There's nobody in the mobile department that does that for Windows Phone

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
What store has Google reps?

I saw some at my local Best Buy.

One has a shirt with a Google logo. The other was a Samsung guy.

They were checking out a Windows 8 all-in-one. They looked really skeptical when starting, and as time went on I'd hear "that's pretty cool" and "they did a good job with this." So they weren't the fanboys you'd expect.

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Same here! The Chromebook replaced my Android tablet which really didn't do everything I needed it to.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Huh. Never seen one. Then again, I avoid Best Buy like the plague.

If you ever do though, I swear to you the Samsung Experience, with Samsung reps will have you walk with some Samsung product. They had all the Tab 3s, and notes and the Galaxy Gear. Was actually pretty cool seeing all of that.

Sent from my XT907 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

I never understood this one brand or one store idea that many people seem to have nowadays. I got my shoes from some store in the mall and my t-shirts from wal-mart. They both do what I need them to do and I don't feel like my loyalty is being divided or anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss