If Windows phone is a fail, then what is Chrome OS?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah if im correct, all best buys have a google section and 9/10 times the google rep is there spotting out its prey

yeah lol I love to mess with them when they come over to me while I'm just browsing around the Windows section. Like, I get that salespeople have to be aggressive, but unless I show an interest in a product, it doesn't make me like them more if they try to snatch me like a vulture.

"oh, that's cool"
"yeah, chromebooks are the best"
"I'm in college so I need Office. Does it come with that?"
"well, no, it has Google Docs"
"Ew, no thanks, what's this piece of junk"
*walks away and never comes back*

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Chrome OS is not a serious os. If you want to browse the web and check email ans lastly have a internet connection then it will work great for you. If you dont have internet it is a brick

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
why avoid Best Buy like that?

I don't really avoid any particular store. I prefer shopping online for everything except for groceries and household goods (cleaning supplies, trash bags). It's easier and less of a hassle. I don't like the crowds and the long lines. A few mouse clicks, followed by delivery to my door in a few days is easier.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't really avoid any particular store. I prefer shopping online for everything except for groceries and household goods (cleaning supplies, trash bags). It's easier and less of a hassle. I don't like the crowds and the long lines. A few mouse clicks, followed by delivery to my door in a few days is easier.

I sense you are one of those hipsters that avoid main stream stores.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Okay haha that's kinda the way I am too!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I sense you are one of those hipsters that avoid main stream stores.

I'm certainly not a hipster (48) and I do the same as Laura. I know what I want and can get it at my leisure, check out full specs and reviews, order it and get it at my house. All without having to leave the comfort of my Tempur-Pedic. It's too damned hot in Miami to climb into a 150 degree car, drive through unbearable traffic then have to play Ninja Warrior to get a parking space. Then the real fun begins inside the brick and mortar hellhole. If you think that's fun, knock yourself out.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that you mention it, I really don't like Best Buy. It's just a personal taste thing.

Depending on what you're shopping for. With more expensive products, Best Buy has very competitive pricing. For cables and accessories not so much... but they have sweet warranties!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Ah yes, the warranties! I love it when they offer me a $14.95 service plan on a $9.95 cable.

Hm... sounds like you've never actually seen any warranties there? I will say they changed quite a bit, the warranties used to be a complete steal, that's what almost sent the company under completely.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hm... sounds like you've never actually seen any warranties there? I will say they changed quite a bit, the warranties used to be a complete steal, that's what almost sent the company under completely.

I almost never go to Best Buy anymore. 15 years ago I practically lived there, but since online shopping came along that's changed. My example was a bit of an exaggeration, but I've had offers along that line more than once! I was offered warranties for almost everything I bought, and sometimes, especially on smaller items, the price of the warranty was almost as much as the price of the item. I always decline warranties. I work in the industry and I know how much of a ripoff most of them are. That's why businesses like Best Buy push them so much; they're highly profitable.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I almost never go to Best Buy anymore. 15 years ago I practically lived there, but since online shopping came along that's changed. My example was a bit of an exaggeration, but I've had offers along that line more than once! I was offered warranties for almost everything I bought, and sometimes, especially on smaller items, the price of the warranty was almost as much as the price of the item. I always decline warranties. I work in the industry and I know how much of a ripoff most of them are. That's why businesses like Best Buy push them so much; they're highly profitable.

Oh yeah I could definitely agree with most of that. For any techie, Best Buy doesn't have much to offer. I would highly suggest Best Buy and their support for people who have no idea about computers or technology at all. You could save a lot of time and hassle (as long as you are willing to put out a little more)

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy the convenience of shopping online. However, sometimes I want to get hands-on before making a purchase decision.

I can see Chromebooks as a useful, cost-effective solution in schools and libraries. e-learning is big, and a Chromebook would work great for that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JKing106

Banned
Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah I could definitely agree with most of that. For any techie, Best Buy doesn't have much to offer. I would highly suggest Best Buy and their support for people who have no idea about computers or technology at all. You could save a lot of time and hassle (as long as you are willing to put out a little more)

I really hate that Circuit City went under. They DID have techie components such as PC cases, power supplies, thermal grease, case fans, etc. But, that was only reason I ever went into one. I didn't want to wait for the part.

enik

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually chromeos scored 21% of ALL laptop sales this Christmas and in the final quarter of this year accounted for 10% of all enterprise purchases. If it wasn't a threat to Microsoft why would they bother spending money on antichromebook commercials?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
source? That's completely against all of the reports I've seen. Plus, this is just me, but I've never seen a chromebook. Ever.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss