If Windows phone is a fail, then what is Chrome OS?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I feel like Chrome, OS or browser, is already quite successful. Why?

Take a look at Chrome 32 and its Windows 8 Mode.

Google doesn't need Chrome OS to succeed when it can hijack Windows.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Chrome OS is a flop....

Not exactly. Its not meant to be a serious contender to Windows 8. Its more casual use everyday regular people OS. Like if someone was working at a diner for their 9-5 and only had enough to spend $300 for a laptop, would rather give them some windows laptop that might get slow or have problems? Or get that person a $250 Chromebook that is fast, and gets constant updates. Any regular blue collar american honestly can use a chromebook, or regular person like parents or high school students and middle schoolers. But for professionals of course Windows 8 would be better.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Its not meant to be a serious contender to Windows 8. Its more casual use everyday regular people OS.

Precisely. I work some in PC repair, and probably 90% of our homeowner customers use their computers solely for browsing, email, Facebook, etc. Everything they do could be done just as well with a Chromebook. That's the market Chromebooks are targeting. A $300 Chromebook will generally perform those duties much better, and more reliably, than a $300 PC.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Precisely. I work some in PC repair, and probably 90% of our homeowner customers use their computers solely for browsing, email, Facebook, etc. Everything they do could be done just as well with a Chromebook. That's the market Chromebooks are targeting. A $300 Chromebook will generally perform those duties much better, and more reliably, than a $300 PC.

∆Exactly this.∆

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm certainly not a hipster (48) and I do the same as Laura. I know what I want and can get it at my leisure, check out full specs and reviews, order it and get it at my house. All without having to leave the comfort of my Tempur-Pedic. It's too damned hot in Miami to climb into a 150 degree car, drive through unbearable traffic then have to play Ninja Warrior to get a parking space. Then the real fun begins inside the brick and mortar hellhole. If you think that's fun, knock yourself out.

Very descriptive. I completely agree with you. That tempur-pedic bed was worth every penny I paid for it. I sleep so well.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Chrome OS is for the casual browser people. Who use online banking and Facebook. Windows will always be a powerful platform because only gamers are crazy enough to build a $2000 PC running windows so they can play the latest games.

Yeah.... my wife is still mad I spent that much money.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Chrome OS is for the casual browser people. Who use online banking and Facebook. Windows will always be a powerful platform because only gamers are crazy enough to build a $2000 PC running windows so they can play the latest games.

Yeah.... my wife is still mad I spent that much money.

Or those of us who write for a living. My Chromebook's been fantastic, given how low my expectations were going in. And I definitely don't need the Office suit. Google Docs sometimes isn't up to the task, but 90% of the time it's good enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss