white empty boxes the menu screen

saBBfanBoy

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I got my first WP8 phone yesterday. I downloaded some few apps and after I downloaded the official youtube app I noticed a few white empty boxes with just a single alphabet on the start screen, tried fixing it, couldn't. Did factory reset, fine it work but had to reinstall EVERYTHING. Now I download bing weather and the boxes appear again. PLEASE help me fix this cos I can't start afresh AGAIN!!!!! This is really frustrating. Here's a screen shot

i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af149/cuteboygp91/Mobile%20Uploads/wp_ss_20131126_0001_zps5eacf0db.png

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok, WP has a list style design to display apps. When that list gets too long, meaning you have downloaded a lot of apps, Windows Phone gives you this stylish letters so that you can quickly jump from one letter to another, showing the apps starting with that letter first on your screen, its very simple when you get used to it, saves you a lot of scrolling.

Try clicking one of those letters and see what happens.

and remember (although it doesn't work for this case) on WP, whenever you are in doubt of what you should do, press + hold. ;)

saBBfanBoy

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh, That really helps, thanks man. Though I wouldn't call those boxes 'stylish' cos I find 'em extremly annoying. Hopefully I'll get used to them as time goes on. Thanks again for the quick reply. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon