Anyone found a way to use a CUSTOMIZED Start tile for a webpage that opens in IE's "metro app?"

mattdawson75

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone found a way to use a CUSTOMIZED Start tile for a webpage that opens in IE's "metro app?"

I know this isn't 100% windows "phone" related but I wasn't sure how similar the phone OS and desktop OS is... so I thought I would give it a shot and ask.

I know how to use Oblytile to make custom tiles for websites, but they all open in desktop mode.

Let's say I hate the default tile they made for Youtube and I wanted to use a custom image- what would I do to use this custom graphic, and also allow the tile to open up in the metro interface version of internet explorer?

I just really hate the boring "E" symbol for some of my web pages on my Start screen...

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Re: Anyone found a way to use a CUSTOMIZED Start tile for a webpage that opens in IE's "metro app?"

Not sure about opening them in Metro/Modern UI mode, but for the icon you should be able to choose custom icons (not images per se) via the shortcut properties. (Select start tile for web page shortcut and click 'Open Containing Folder'. Then right click the shortcut in the folder and choose Properties. From there you can click Change Icon and use a custom icon of your choosing to replace the boring 'e'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo