Facebook chat online status

Raklezz

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Facebook Beta just recieved an update, and the messaging and notifications were improved a lot.

I have a question regarding the facebook chat on WP though. Is there a way to appear as "online on mobile" like there is for iOS and Android, with the small mobile icon next to your name in the chat? Right now, If I set myself as online on the integrated chat in the messages hub, I always appear as online (with the green dot next to my name), and it also says I'm online on web and not a mobile unit.
If I use the Facebook Beta app, I always appear offline, even when I'm actively using the app or messaging people.

Not a huge deal, but it bothers me a bit. People ask me why I'm online on facebook 24/7, or why I'm never online. I just want it to show that I'm available on my phone.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Facebook Beta just recieved an update, and the messaging and notifications were improved a lot.

I have a question regarding the facebook chat on WP though. Is there a way to appear as "online on mobile" like there is for iOS and Android, with the small mobile icon next to your name in the chat? Right now, If I set myself as online on the integrated chat in the messages hub, I always appear as online (with the green dot next to my name), and it also says I'm online on web and not a mobile unit.
If I use the Facebook Beta app, I always appear offline, even when I'm actively using the app or messaging people.

Not a huge deal, but it bothers me a bit. People ask me why I'm online on facebook 24/7, or why I'm never online. I just want it to show that I'm available on my phone.

There's no way to do that on Windows Phone :p it's possible on iOS & Android thanks to Facebook Messenger app.

Raklezz

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Aww okay, that's too bad. Guess I'll have to live with always being online then. Did they ever mention if this will change in the future?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
you can switch to offline in message hub :p then you will be always offline, because as you said also Facebook app doesn't affect status, it's always offline. :)
We should wait and see if anything will change about. Maybe future updates to Facebook app; built-in facebook integration changes/improvements; Facebook Messenger launch on Windows Phone will resolve your problem. We will see :)

anon(5961790)

May 5, 2013
Visit site
if you have windows 8 devices, you can download official facebook app. this app has a little phone icon. and turn off offline (message hub )download facebook beta (wp8). beta has a message live! tile and realy working good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99