A question about typing "shortcuts"

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I am really happy that I changed from iPhone to a Lumia 1020, and the first few weeks have gone really well.

There's one thing I did with my iPhone that I found very useful, and it was this:
- in Keyboard Shortcuts, I could set a few letters to represent a long string of typing. For example, I set "bto" to expand to my full email address, I set the first three letters of my house name, I set the first three letters of my street name, etc, etc. This saved me a huge amount of typing for logins, registration forms, shopping, and so on.

Is there any way to achieve the same effect on a Windows phone?

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes and no.If the word is not in the dictionary you can highlight it, then on the line above the keyboard tap the "+" next to the word and it will add it to the dictionary.if I remember correctly It just won't save passwords.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
There are no shortcuts AFAIK. But if you enter the same information multiple times, you can see the text you wanna add above the keyboard by just entering the first two or three letters of that word. You'd need to add your email address and other stuff in the dictionary before the keyboard predicts it for you. The windows phone keyboard is actually pretty smart I think because it can sometimes guess the next word I'm gonna type, so if you enter certain things frequently, they will show up on the top of the keyboard

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
When you are typing, you can also select a word and it'll show above the keyboard with a + in front of it, that's another way to add words 😁

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6