Gdr2, future apps, gdr3, windows OS

huevobatido

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I am a proud owner of a L920. In the past I owned a my touch (android) and an iPhone 4 (apple), and for some reason windows caught my attention when they announced windows phone 8 so I grabbed a Lumia 920. To be honest the transition from android to iPhone was smooth and didn't really missed much about android, but apple got me bored. So when I finally got my windows phone I was exited, and despite all the negativity from friends, coworkers, relatives, and customers I was happy with my device. Nokia did a fine job, and in combination with windows the Lumia has been the best phone I have ever owned but recently my optimism towards Microsoft and Nokia has declined due to their updates and apps. Don't get me wrong the amber update and gdr2 refreshed my user experience but I have started to notice many bugs ever since those updates. And yes we are getting more apps but not all of them perform well. I would always brag about how stable windows UI and apps were but now I see my self complaining all the time about how my device performs, whether the battery drains to fast,or certain apps kick me out, or it dims out of no where, or I have to soft reset it because it gets stuck.....it all reminds me of android and IOS. I am looking forward to what the future of windows phones might be but it seems that they are focusing in catching up with the competition rather than in the quality of their products. I wonder if am the only windows user that feels this way.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Until man becomes perfect, the Nokia 920 is about as close to perfection you will see for now. It does everything well. It looks great and a very reliable device. It is far and away "the standard" for Windows Phones. What it looks to achieve is to get developers and designers who have the vision to build apps for it. We have quite a few that fit. Some need more work but overall, I'm content with the direction. Not so much with the speed sometimes. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb