File Manager + Flick to close + apps to SD rumored to be coming - excited!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes I know they have reverted that but seems they are working on these features and thts good if true.
I have this feeling that it is a game by Ms to see how excited the users are, but as a programmer I think they will need more time to implement such APIs in the system.

Binoya Mathews

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I have this feeling that it is a game by Ms to see how excited the users are, but as a programmer I think they will need more time to implement such APIs in the system.
Yep,i too think the same way. Its like those screenshots @joebelfiore posts on twitter from his phone which runs WP8.1.Just kind of revealing that certain things are coming, to keep the interest going.

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We don't know the reason for why those items were marked as "complete". We can, however, be certain that it was unintentional.

It's best that we simply forget this episode ever happened and return to other sources of rampant speculation and rumour mongering.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The only interesting thing to come out of this is that there's a confirmation time for WP8.1 - Q2. Oh well, so much for being a 'year' between updates. I sure hope WP8.1 is killer.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think that users' idea of a 'File Manager', will be profoundly different to Microsofts.....

Don't get too excited. I suspect it will be a very basic system of moving videos, pics and music to different folders only. You can already do this via a desktop PC anyway.....

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
As far as i know Windows phone 8.1 was in making befor they released 8. Both were made by different teams. So they have got more than 2 Year to get It done and now if the excuse... Lazy people.

Gates once said they hire all lazy people because they are the ones to find the short cut way to do a thing fast.

Duck this ideology

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
As far as i know Windows phone 8.1 was in making befor they released 8. Both were made by different teams. So they have got more than 2 Year to get It done and now if the excuse... Lazy people.

Gates once said they hire all lazy people because they are the ones to find the short cut way to do a thing fast.

Duck this ideology

I think you got that wrong. There were two teams, one working on WP8 updates and one working on WP8.1. The team that built WP8 went on to WP8.1. You can't do WP8 and WP8.1 at the same time, that makes no sense.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
We don't know the reason for why those items were marked as "complete". We can, however, be certain that it was unintentional.

It's best that we simply forget this episode ever happened and return to other sources of rampant speculation and rumour mongering.

you simply cannot mark more than 10 ideas as completed by mistake. That is what I think

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
you simply cannot mark more than 10 ideas as completed by mistake. That is what I think

We may never know what really happened. Considering this happened on a Sunday evening of Thanksgiving weekend, it's possible that "Mobile Guru" has a persisted logon for the UserVoice web page and left his computer unattended. A nefarious family guest may have marked the items as "completed" in a misguided attempt at tomfoolery.

The account may also have been hacked, but MS/UserVoice might well not publicise that in favour of saying they were marked "in error".

If Guru intentionally set them to "completed", Sunday night is not the time to be doing it - Microsoft tend to publish things during working hours, Redmond time.

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
We may never know what really happened. Considering this happened on a Sunday evening of Thanksgiving weekend, it's possible that "Mobile Guru" has a persisted logon for the UserVoice web page and left his computer unattended. A nefarious family guest may have marked the items as "completed" in a misguided attempt at tomfoolery.

The account may also have been hacked, but MS/UserVoice might well not publicise that in favour of saying they were marked "in error".

If Guru intentionally set them to "completed", Sunday night is not the time to be doing it - Microsoft tend to publish things during working hours, Redmond time.
Yeah tI think that is possible too, and I would love too those features coming to WP, I love WP more than android and definitely more than IOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte