Music/Playlists DISAPPEARS

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Let me preface this by respectfully asking the mods to not post the stickied "Tips and Tricks" music thread as I have already read that and it does not reference, let alone address, my issue.

I am having a problem that apparently many others have had - I'm basically just asking if anyone is aware of a solution or if there is any sort of update in solving this problem as the threads I'm finding are at least a few months old.

The problem I'm having is explained in both words and screenshots by another user in the below two older posts as his "Problem #1" (he also has a duplicate song issue, but I don't have that so I'm not concerned with it):

(explains the problem under Problem 1):
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...music-library-gets-corrupted.html#post1979499

(describes issue again, with screenshots):
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...music-library-gets-corrupted.html#post1980034

The ONLY difference between his issue #1 and my issue is that under the artists and albums tabs the one thing that IS listed is "unknown artist" and "unknown album" and under those are 5-6 songs I have with incomplete info. I'm sure if I fixed the info for those 5-6 songs they would disappear too. The bottom line is that from what I've read it's a problem with WP8 and not the storage card.

I also have all the XBOX music/cloud/etc. settings turned to off.

There does not appear to be a legitimate, permanent solution out there, unless it's more recent than the threads I've read or I missed it somewhere, so if anyone knows of something, I would GREATLY appreciate it

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have not heard of any solution to this problem. My wife has a 820 and I ended up deleting all the duplicate songs in the Unknown section. The SD card in her phone is brand new and is considered a good one.

Just a suggestion, do you have upload photos to Skydrive checked? She never got this issue until I turned that on. I had to turn off the xbox music settings too. I have now turned it off but haven't checked if there is still an issue.

I haven't tried GDR3 yet but I have heard from others that it didn't solve their problems. Due to these issues with SD cards (my wife also had a corrupt SD card) I have become less fond of them. I don't plan to ever buy a phone again that has an SD slot unless there's already substantial room on the phone first and the SD is nothing but backup. I don't trust SD cards at all. It would appear WP has issues with some brands, if not all brands.

The SD card implementation on WP has been a big disappointment and somewhat of a disaster. Hopefully it gets fixed in WP8.1.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I have not heard of any solution to this problem. My wife has a 820 and I ended up deleting all the duplicate songs in the Unknown section. The SD card in her phone is brand new and is considered a good one.

Just a suggestion, do you have upload photos to Skydrive checked? She never got this issue until I turned that on. I had to turn off the xbox music settings too. I have now turned it off but haven't checked if there is still an issue.

I haven't tried GDR3 yet but I have heard from others that it didn't solve their problems. Due to these issues with SD cards (my wife also had a corrupt SD card) I have become less fond of them. I don't plan to ever buy a phone again that has an SD slot unless there's already substantial room on the phone first and the SD is nothing but backup. I don't trust SD cards at all. It would appear WP has issues with some brands, if not all brands.

The SD card implementation on WP has been a big disappointment and somewhat of a disaster. Hopefully it gets fixed in WP8.1.

Regarding the upload to skydrive, are you referring to photos option under "backup" in settings? I have that turned off, and it's been off since I set up the phone. I just backup applist+settings and text messages.

My SD card is brand new - it's the 64gb sdxc, like #1 on amazon and others use it in their 1520s - I checked. After reading threads in here and in microsoft forums, the consensus seems to be that it's not a memory card issue or if it is the problem is in the wp8 os software and how it "works" with memory cards. But yeah it was frustrating to have to get one - between downloading maps for offline and music 16gb is no longer enough for me.

The whole sync thing is a disaster. I try not to think of it, but if I, a relatively computer-literate person, am having problems, what is Joe Schmo who buys a windows phone and doesn't know about websites like wpcentral, going to do? Could they not have just renamed the zune software? Ugh.

UPDATE: In case it helps, I just synced the phone to WMP again without deleting or resetting the sync or anything. The playlists have returned, and the 3-4 albums/artists of just the stuff I have played on my pc or changed the album art for on my pc since I last synced the phone, have returned. I'm guessing in time all of that stuff will re-disappear, but we'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon