how to install third party apps on wp8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkwap

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Help please. I have a Lumia 620 which is not developer unlocked. I want to install third party apps on it. Is there any way of doing it. Using sd card does not work. Help please..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what app you're trying to install or what issues you're having as you haven't mentioned it but here's how to install from SD.

First, the file must be .xap

1. Put .xap file on your SD card
2. Go to Store and then select SD card
3. When the file is found then it will install automatically if it's a free app

If the app isn't registered with the MS Store I don't think you can install it.

rkwap

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes app is not registered to ms store. It is from another source and so i want to install it. Please help me to install it

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
@ N_LaRUE actually, you can install any .xap app as long as your phone is developer unlocked. Otherwise, devs would never be able to test their apps on a real phone

However @rkwap are you sure that its a .xap file? If its just an app you found online, it may not be.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
@ N_LaRUE actually, you can install any .xap app as long as your phone is developer unlocked. Otherwise, devs would never be able to test their apps on a real phone

However @rkwap are you sure that its a .xap file? If its just an app you found online, it may not be.

Well it looks like you answered their question.They need to developer unlock their phone if they want to install an unregistered, picked off the web .xap.... sounds like a great idea.

My instructions had nothing to do with developer unlock, just standard installation.

rkwap

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
But i have already upgraded my phone to gd3 about a month ago.

But i want to developer unlock my phone for free. Can you help me for that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
But i have already upgraded my phone to gd3 about a month ago.

But i want to developer unlock my phone for free. Can you help me for that.

You just need to setup an account with App Studio for free. Follow the instructions and that's it. I've provided a link as you. I personally think you should avoid putting on a 3rd party app on your phone if you can't sort this out. You don't realise what the threats may be. Anyway good luck.

Windows Phone App Studio | Microsoft

rkwap

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
But i have already told that my phone is fully updated to gdr3. I only want to install 3rd party apps on it. That's it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why I'm bothering.

You say you have GDR3 which means you installed the preview, this means you phone is developer unlocked. It's the only way to have a L620 and have GDR3. So your statement at the front of this thread is false. You clearly have no idea what you're doing.

The instructions I gave to install off an SD card (second post) should enable you to install the app. If you cannot install the app then I would say that the file from 'somewhere else' isn't a proper app and you should just move on. It has to be a .xap otherwise it will not install. If you know anyone using this app maybe get them to help you as I'm at a loss as to what you're doing wrong.

The .xap file must be in the root directory of the SD card as well, not in a folder, in case you're doing something that silly.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
You don't need software to side load. Also this person didn't even realise they had a dev unlocked phone.

bro you don't need to dev unlock to get preview. You just need a appstudio account. Even your phone had update 3 you still need to download sdk and register your phone to sideload appzz and gamezz

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

rkwap

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
But tell me if i could install sdk on my windows xp pc or not. I have no option other than it because of a reason.

Waxim

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Dude stop wanting to do things you don't know anything about if you have no motivation to find it out yourself.

Can't you see that going 'help me' constantly reeks of leaching? It's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte