Aniruddh Sharma

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have read that we would be able to send/save audio/video files using whatsapp once MS makes necessary changes to the APIs in WP 8.1 (which is being pushed to quarter 2 already I think)! However, is it confirmed that it will happen in 8.1 as the same was said for many other features that they would come in WP 8 when people were using 7.

Is there any chance MS may change the API's before the release of 8.1? Just how much time does it take? What is the reason for not doing this and I hope once it is done, we will be able to save the media on SD cards.

Can anyone please throw some light on this?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have read that we would be able to send/save audio/video files using whatsapp once MS makes necessary changes to the APIs in WP 8.1 (which is being pushed to quarter 2 already I think)! However, is it confirmed that it will happen in 8.1 as the same was said for many other features that they would come in WP 8 when people were using 7.

I can't comment on what happened between 7 and 8 as I didn't have a WP at the time so no idea what promises were made. To me WP8 is pretty basic because it has a carry over effect of 7. I'm expecting WP8.1 to be what WP8 should have been.

WP8.1 is coming in Q2, it may show up earlier. We don't know for sure.

Is there any chance MS may change the API's before the release of 8.1? Just how much time does it take? What is the reason for not doing this and I hope once it is done, we will be able to save the media on SD cards.

Can anyone please throw some light on this?

MS will not be releasing any further updates until WP8.1. GDR3 came out and there were no updates to APIs. As for how long does it take? Well, good question. I'm not a programmer but I wouldn't doubt its taking longer than anticipated because of the constant shift in market and because MS #1 priority is maintaining security. I would also guess the purchase of Nokia may be slowing things down a touch. My guess is that they're probably tackling other issues as well.

We don't really know what MS plans but I expect them to make the necessary changes that are needed. I can only imagine it must be difficult to make a mobile OS both open and secure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos