Need help regarding phones and apps

vakama94

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
So I want to try out Windows Phone 8 but I have some things I haven't seen answered anywhere.

First, do the apps take up a lot of space?. I have a big number of apps I want to download but I don't know if the phones will run each and every one of those. I also am an Android user so I may not be understanding well how apps work on Windows Phone regarding space. I say that because when I download, let's say Vine, the download is 20MB but when you log in and such the space ramps up to about 60MB. I don't know if that happens in Windows Phone too.

Second, I'm looking for phones that have screens of 4.3/4.5" and have a good price. So far the Lumia 720 and the HTC 8X have come to interest me and I'm willing to get the 8X because of it's 16GB of space in contrast to the 720's 8GB and also because of the RAM but the question is, are there apps that the 8X can't download?.

These are the apps I want to download: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s176...f22a638e6ca1/194e1ccfe6d8590617b2157567de5f3b

aside from the games, are there any apps on that list that are exclusive to Nokia and can't be downloaded on the 8X?

Thanks and I'd appreciate the help. I don't mention the Lumia 1020, 920 or 820 since I can't afford those because they are pricier than in the US.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So I want to try out Windows Phone 8 but I have some things I haven't seen answered anywhere.

First, do the apps take up a lot of space?. I have a big number of apps I want to download but I don't know if the phones will run each and every one of those. I also am an Android user so I may not be understanding well how apps work on Windows Phone regarding space. I say that because when I download, let's say Vine, the download is 20MB but when you log in and such the space ramps up to about 60MB. I don't know if that happens in Windows Phone too.

Second, I'm looking for phones that have screens of 4.3/4.5" and have a good price. So far the Lumia 720 and the HTC 8X have come to interest me and I'm willing to get the 8X because of it's 16GB of space in contrast to the 720's 8GB and also because of the RAM but the question is, are there apps that the 8X can't download?.

These are the apps I want to download: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s176...f22a638e6ca1/194e1ccfe6d8590617b2157567de5f3b

aside from the games, are there any apps on that list that are exclusive to Nokia and can't be downloaded on the 8X?

Thanks and I'd appreciate the help. I don't mention the Lumia 1020, 920 or 820 since I can't afford those because they are pricier than in the US.

App size is dependant on the app.

Yes, there will be some Nokia exclusive apps, not available on the 8X.

I can't open your Evernote list because I'm at work and the network won't allow it.

Regardless of what phone you get, ensure it is at least WP8. The big apps from this point forward will be supported by WP8, and possibly not WP7.

If you're limited by costs of the phone, try an online retailer such as ebay. You need to buy as a new a phone as possible to reap the benefits from any updates from this point forward.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Answering your question1: Yes it is same, the app is unpacked when you install it similar to other Oses. If you are a app hog I suggest you get something with an SD card since games will take up a lot of space in my experience.

vakama94

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Answering your question1: Yes it is same, the app is unpacked when you install it similar to other Oses. If you are a app hog I suggest you get something with an SD card since games will take up a lot of space in my experience.

I'm not a mobile gaming person so games are not my worry here. My focus is mainly on apps. I want to know if 8GB are enough for all the apps I listed (a few exceptions included) or if I should go for the bigger memory option but without losing availability of apps. I will get a memory for photos, music and videos though so that's not a problem. The internal storage is.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a mobile gaming person so games are not my worry here. My focus is mainly on apps. I want to know if 8GB are enough for all the apps I listed (a few exceptions included) or if I should go for the bigger memory option but without losing availability of apps. I will get a memory for photos, music and videos though so that's not a problem. The internal storage is.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk

If you use apps alone it should be fine. The apps which take up most space from my experience (apart from games ) are audio recorders, photo vaults for locking photos etc ... you can always use the clud to upload any recordings u have ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa