Hi All,

Just wondering if any/most/all of you have a contact entry for yourself or "Me". The phone and my MS account obviously know who I am, but without a "Me" contact it's a bit tedious to email myself. I think BlackBerry automatically adds a "Me" contact to your address book as a convenience feature, so I'm wondering if I'm missing a similar feature on WP. Otherwise, I'll just add a "Me" to my contacts. Thx for any input.
    12-11-2013 08:34 AM
    Yeah I added myself to my Contact list for that very purpose (emailing to myself). MS should have included that feature(email) among the ME feature list...or else I have missed seeing the feature as well.
    BBMINI likes this.
    12-11-2013 09:03 AM
    I also added myself in my contacts. The one thing I did was to set it up with just the information I would want to share with other people (similar to a business card). That way, if someone wants to contact me, I can just do a tap-n-send to other peoples phone (if they have NFC), or just send them my contact info via MMS or email.

Worked out really well, when a friend of a friend was in town and I asked them why I hadn't heard from them in a while. They sadly informed me they lost my info during a previous phone upgrade (android to android, but finally moved to WP). I just did a tap-n-send to his phone. He hadn't had done a tap-n-send before and was thrilled to see it work (so was I, as I too hadn't done it before).
    12-12-2013 10:08 AM
    I don't think Microsoft wants you to email to your self it wants you to use skydrive instead.
    12-12-2013 10:16 AM
    It automatically creates a contact for you, it's primarily for sending your contact details to other people.
    12-12-2013 10:17 AM